Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to own this soon, it's all about the haggling now....

327 'Vette motor. Roller rockers. Camel hump heads. Turbo 350 high stall converter, shift kit. It needs a sub frame. The best use for a Vega!:icon_thumright:

DSCN8936.JPG

DSCN8937.JPG

DSCN8938.JPG

DSCN8939.JPG

DSCN8940.JPG

DSCN8941.JPG

DSCN8942.JPG

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cousin of mine took a beat up chevette, and put a built 350 in it. It was the funniest thing! It was this beat to crap car with primer and a hood scoop. You couldn't control it! It was like a go kart with slicks on wet grass. This was not a high dollar build either. He had a race motor, some cars sitting around and beer! After a few weeks of playing around and welding he had his creation! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cousin of mine took a beat up chevette, and put a built 350 in it. It was the funniest thing! It was this beat to crap car with primer and a hood scoop. You couldn't control it! It was like a go kart with slicks on wet grass. This was not a high dollar build either. He had a race motor, some cars sitting around and beer! After a few weeks of playing around and welding he had his creation! :laughing7:

I had a Chevette in high school. shuvette we called it!:laughing7:
Another guy, in shop class put a V 8 in a Gremlin... broke it!
Vegas have a lot of "keep it together" parts. Sub frames, headers, radiator relocate kits. Fiberglass hoods/front ends. Beefed up rear ends....all easy to install. And you always relocate the batt to the back! S-10's also

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Chevette in high school. shuvette we called it!:laughing7:
Another guy, in shop class put a V 8 in a Gremlin... broke it!
Vegas have a lot of "keep it together" parts. Sub frames, headers, radiator relocate kits. Fiberglass hoods/front ends. Rear ends....all easy to install. And you always relocate the batt to the back! S-10's also

I knew a couple of guys that did s10's. A guy I know has a gmc syclone, that thing is insane!

I would like to build something one day, just not in any plans real soon. :laughing7: Right now, it's hard enough to just keep a vehicle drivable! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew a couple of guys that did s10's. A guy I know has a gmc syclone, that thing is insane!

I would like to build something one day, just not in any plans real soon. :laughing7: Right now, it's hard enough to just keep a vehicle drivable! :laughing7:

Oh yeh I get that...If my wife finds out about this, I might be a Statistic! She could have been an MMA fighter...she is 42 now....so...Still hits hard! I better not stay logged in like I do...she is gonna read this....and...I'll blame Nitric!!:laughing7::laughing7:

There was a couple of V-8 Chevy Luvs running around back in the day.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeh I get that...If my wife finds out about this, I might be a Statistic! She could have been an MMA fighter...she is 42 now....so...Still hits hard! I better not stay logged in like I do...she is gonna read this....and...I'll blame Nitric!!:laughing7::laughing7:

There was a couple of V-8 Chevy Luvs running around back in the day.

I say do it! Buy it? I won't feel a thing over here! :laughing7: I know!!!! They are all nice and sweet, they fool people!!! When I'm sleeping I think mine gets out voodoo dolls and a caldron! And puts hexes on me!!!!! NO one would ever believe it though! :laughing7: Acting all sweet and innocent! I'm jkg of course!

i'm serious!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I did the like the body style of the Vega and Pinto panels, the Gremlin with factory 302 was nice. Now a 327 would be radical. If you get the car, you could always out run her, but at some point in time you probably would have to come home and the "Tap Out".

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Buy it, whatever the price. Never will you get your money out of it, but what price fun? Love the Moroso valve covers, the braided lines and the body details. Go for it...

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a correction....I said my wife was 42.... I was wrong. She has been 39.....for 3 years now!:laughing7:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 brothers that each had Vegas with built 327s . Those things would do wheelies

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy it, whatever the price. Never will you get your money out of it, but what price fun? Love the Moroso valve covers, the braided lines and the body details. Go for it...

Yeh...it's not a first generation Camaro. Souping up a Vega...adds to what little value they have.
I had a 1975 V-8 monza, I wished I would have kept it. The stock motor was a 125 horse 350....yeh...
Later on people wanted them. Oh well...woulda, coulda, shoulda!

Last edited:

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope to own this soon, it's all about the haggling now....

327 'Vette motor. Roller rockers. Camel hump heads. Turbo 350 high stall converter, shift kit. It needs a sub frame. The best use for a Vega!:icon_thumright:

View attachment 1198715
==================================================================

View attachment 1198716

View attachment 1198718

View attachment 1198719

View attachment 1198720

View attachment 1199848

View attachment 1199849
I remember the COSWORTH / YENKO that Chevy put out.
They were pretty badass.
This reminds me very much of them.

Hit

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I did the like the body style of the Vega and Pinto panels, the Gremlin with factory 302 was nice. Now a 327 would be radical. If you get the car, you could always out run her, but at some point in time you probably would have to come home and the "Tap Out".
A Gremlin with a factory 302 Ford motor? I know my wife's uncle raced a Gremlin with a Chevy 327 transplant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread