Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mrs. Shanegalang

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Re: What's your favorite time in history?

I know, i'm a dork, but living in Medieval times would have been fascinating -- you know if i was nobility or lived in the King's castle. All those myths, legends, gods, goddesses, etc. The clothes were real cool, mead was good, weapons were cool, warriors where fierce. And tho the people worked hard and fought hard, they celebrated hard too. Slay some dragons and party on dude!!!!! LOL

Paka

Greenie
Jul 21, 2008
DeLand, FL

Tough to choose just one, but Tudor England probably, during the reign of Henry VIII. I love British history in general, but have a particular fascination with that period and everything that happened.

U.P. Northwoods

Jul 27, 2008
Nisula, MI/Peoria, IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix M6

WWII :We have so much to be thankful for to these men. Now, over 1000 a day die. Soon they will be gone. Lest we forget. God Bless them all.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark

I would have gone back in time where it was the wild wild west and things were just starting out! :) But id make sure that i brought a lifetime supply of blood pressure pills! :thumbsup:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

Yesterday.

I woke up this morning!

I enjoy READING books about the past...

Best
rmptr

riverite

Sep 15, 2008
campbell river bc
Detector(s) used
ace250 with sniper coil

For me it would be london in sixties , great music , crazy fashions, every starting to happen

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

i loved living in the 80's. always wanted to live in the 50's

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I lived WWII and was just a tot so I don't remember much about it. I lived the fifties right after Korea and that was a good time. The economy was booming. The GI Bill was financing homes and education for veterans. Sex was still taboo, at least in conversation. Everyone did it but didn't talk about it. It was the last age of innocense. People feared evil and loved God and went to Sunday School and Wednesday night prayer services. KoolAid and cookies was a party, and the skating rink didn't have gang bangers. You didn't have to lock your doors and all the neighbors knew each other. For ten bucks you could go on a date, buy gas for the car, pay for a movie and a burger after. There was lovers lane where everyone parked and they were all of the opposite sex and no perverts stalked you. Little kids could play in the parks without their parents being there and kindly old uncle John was just that, a nice old guy who loved kids. Friday nights after the football game there was the "Teen Town" dance at the health center where the boys and girls lined up on their side of the room while they got up the nerve to ask someone to dance. And Elvis was king and Brenda Lee was queen, and you could actually dance and hug each other, even though the Baptists thought it was sinful. And the drug of choice was 3.2 beer, and everyone had fake ID's whether they drank beer or not. And you could sneak out back and share a Lucky Strike as long as the sponsors didn't catch you. And only a few girls did even though they all said they didn't. And a few boys did even though they all said they did, but they didn't. And there was always a friendly crowd hanging out at the all night bowling alley but only the nerds actually bowled. And there was beatnick parties where everyone played bongos, recited nonsensical poetry and acted real cool and grew goatees because man, it was cool. And there was the hoods and the socialites or "soches" and everyone else was somewhere in between. Then there was the Sunday after church drag races at the local airport where anyone with a stock hottie had a chance to win a trophy without millions of dollars and sponsors. And your dad would have killed you if he had known you were racing the family car. And oh yes, the drive in movies where many of us lost our virtue or at least got to second base and thought we did. I think the romantic couples would have gone even if there was no movies showing cause no one ever watched them anyway. Who cares if Santa Claus killed the vampires anyway? And yes, "I lived it and would love to relive it knowing what I know now". At least that's what all the old friends of mine say! Monty

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X

artemis moon said:
Isn't it strange that all of this technology that has been created to make our lives easier has ended up with so many people feeling as if they are caught in a rat race? I don't know if it's possible, but it would be nice to live a simpler, less complicated existence. I wonder how to do that while still managing a phone, a computer, a car and, of course, a job.

I just posted this in my "primitive skills post" in the "everything else" forum. I think it is very fitting for your statement here.

"I see and admire your manner of living, your good warm houses, your extensive fields of corn, your gardens, your cows, oxen, workhorses, wagons, and a thousand machines that I know not the use of... In short you can do almost what you choose. You whites possess the power of subduing almost every animal to your use. You are surrounded by slaves. Everything about you is in chains and you are slaves yourselves. I hear that I should become a slave. Talk to my sons, perhaps they may be persuaded to adopt your fashions, or at least to recommend them to their sons; but for myself, I was born free, was raised free and wish to die free."

Big soldier, Osage, 1820

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X

Well, I might like to go back and meet my 38Th GGrandfather, Charles the 1st (Charlemagne), King of France.

But,
I would like to go back to early America, before the westward push. I would want to see the places that are now our cities. I would like to stand on a high point along the Ohio river valley and see where my home now stands, before the power plants and factories and highways. Looking down through the quiet valley and seeing only the smoke from scattered Native campsites along the river. Looking up into an azure sky, free from the contrails of our flying machines. Filling my lungs with fresh air, free from all our manmade chemicals.

The closest we have ever been in modern times was right after 9-11. Do any of you recall just how clear and quiet the skies were? I would stand outside for long periods of time, day and night, and just drink in those moments. I remembered going to a powwow and we were all mesmerized by the sky. It was truly amazing!

"Can you picture a time when a man had to find his own way through an unbroken land. Before the machine changed the blue and the green to something you can't understand"

Thanks Artemis Moon! Great post!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

I like who I am and where I am at right now...

I like being clean.

I like toilets.

I like modern medicine (just in case).

I like the internet.

I like my medal detector.

I like my Harley.

I hate horses (after owning some).

I like flying - safely.

I living past the age of 35 or 40.

I think we are in pretty good shape - even though I miss the relative safe feeling of the 80s, I like it best right now.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Now, because now is the time I can dig out artefacts of older times with a MD. :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

1950 america --after WW2 --- before korea ---ah the golden years high wages -- all the ot you wanted to work --if you wanted to that is -- GI bill --made for easy low interest home loans and college education --good decent medical care --ah the good life --get a surplus "WW2 era mine dectector" and start detecting away --

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

For me, a person with a univ. degree in Church History, living just after the time of Jesus, and Paul and the Apostles, and being privy to the
meetings in the first Christian church councils, and seeing/hearing the discussions took place, deciding some of the great belief watersheds that have
continued to separate so much of the "Christian?" church of this day.....I would like to hear how the people came to the decisions that they came
to, that have affected so many millions of people all down through mid-east and European, and North and South American history.
I would have loved to talk to some of the great church apologists, who defended the true Christian faith, which at that time, for most churches,
was a part of a letter of Paul or Timothy, or a copy made from an original......and listening to those who knew Paul and Peter, and perhaps, even Jesus.
And seeing the Christians......and hopefully being one........who had the courage to stand LOVINGLY against the hatred of those who so misunderstood
Jesus and His teachings.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

I would like to have been down the road from Sutters Mill when news of the gold got out.

The forty niners were throwing away chunks of metal that they thought was lead. Little did they know that it was really platinum, which miners had no clue as to it's identification.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It would appear to be to go back to the time of your post, June 11, 2007. I've done that.

Hardey

Jan 5, 2011

i would love to go in the time when there is WW|| happening , i want to take part in the WAR .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread