jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's your favorite time in history?

jeff of pa said:
a minute ago

Update :

a Minute ago :coffee2:

lost crow

Jan 26, 2011
Texas

Back in the wild west. I always felt like I was born 100 years to late.

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

It would depend on what items I could take with me and if I would be retaining my current knowledge. Something as simple as a flashlight (torch for the Brits), or even a Bic lighter, would have been "miracles" at certain times. Actually, I have to agree with Montana Jim, I'm happy with my F75 and the present!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Myself, the 40sthe 50s is the time I would have liked to go back to. Not for the war but just the way people thought and acted . Everyone knew what right and wrong was ,your word meant something and a man was a man and a woman was a woman. Not that those values don't exist today ,they just are not the norm for a lot of people. I am fascinated by the stories of the greatest generation :coffee2: .

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I graduated high school and college in the '60's.....it would be more than cool to go back to that time with my current knowledge. I could make a killing in the stock market! Not to mention that I would make much better grades in school!

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

id havta say when Jesus walked the earth, then follow the steps of the 'Holy Grail' n the 'Ark'

kgunn

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
At age 71, I am looking forward to as much of the next 20 years as I continue to live. Will the once greatest nation in the world regain its strengths, or is it the end? We are living in historical times. The Rise And Fall Of The American Empire.

I cannot think of any historical time I would like to live in, under the conditions that existed then. Dying from simple infections. 15% of women dying in their first pregnancy. Kids mostly dying in the first three years of their life? No thanks.

I just did a study on a municipio (like county) near me in Mexico. In 1877 I think it was, 169 people died of smallpox between March and October, all but one a child. As best as I can estimate the population of that municipio it must have been around 5,000 or so. Imagine the horror for the parents. The average age at death that year, all deaths, was less then 10 years old.

Let me add, though, that someone above made the usual misunderstanding. Not all died at 35 or 40. That year one person lived to be 90 years old. The average life expectancy was so low because most kids died young. They still today have a very special birthday party for three year olds. I am sure that started whent was a major triumph for a child's third birthday.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've always been fascinated by the 1920's for some reason.I love the clothing of the area as well as so e of the common everyday items used are very interesting.Plop me down somewhere by the sea and I would be a happy lady.The prohibition part would be not so nice,lol.

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
I would just like to float around (unseen) to different times and get some answers. I'd start with the dinosaurs to see what they actually looked like (because we don't really know). I'd like to see how they lived and hunted. Then I would like to see early man and how they lived. Then jump to the building of the pyramids. I'd also love to see the Coliseum in Rome in it's hay day. I could go on and on....
I'd want to get answers about Roswell and the JFK conspiracy. Watch the battle at the Alamo, Pearl Harbor........
I'd like to talk to the great philosophers, artists, engineers and astronomers that have changed the way we think, live and view our world and beyond.
I could spend 50 lifetimes just collecting answers.
God, how awesome would that be? It's amazing to think that if man's past didn't happen EXACTLY like it happened, good and bad, there might be 7 billion DIFFERENT people walking this planet today.......or none at all.
Outstanding thread. Enjoyed everyone's posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread