Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice cuda, I miss mine. I had a 73 cuda and worked on it for 3 years, built a nice 440 for it and had everything to get it running. I was going to finish it on a friday night so I could drive on the weekend and my garage burnt down and melted the whole thing to the ground on thursday, never did get to hear her run after all that money and time. That was 6 years ago. Maybe someday I will have another they are still my favorite car.

OP
OP
bearbqd

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Road Dog said:
Love seeing all these awesome cars! My first one was a 69 Charger. Second was a 66 Dodge Truck and third was a 67 Plymouth Fury. Thirty something years later and 400,000 miles still have the Charger.
Hey Road dog, that's pretty cool that you are on this site as well. I remember this picture from the Dodge Charger Forum.
Hey everyone else. I haven't been on this site in quite some time but I'm trying to find time for detecting again and found some good stuff in the last week. You guys have some great cars. I have since bought a 68 CHarger in August 2008 as a near daily driver. Can't post any pics as I am at my inlaws in Florida for Chirstmas. I'll try and remember to post a few when I get back home next week.
I have a few other projects waiting for attention too. I have a 71 Javelin SST, a 72 Buick GSX clone, and a 70 CHevelle SS clone. Oh yeah, I still have the mighty Cuda as well with a few cosmetic additions done to it. I'll have to post some new ones of that too.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
The shifter in my Charger was incorrect for the car but it looked really cool. It said HURST down the side of it but it was a weird angle, I have no idea what it came out of but I'd guess a 70 Road Runner maybe. Selling that car is a regret of mine.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GL, if it looked like this one:

huu-5388585.jpg

then it was from a '70 Charger, Super Bee or RoadRunner. I have one in my 85 Dodge pickup.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my project. I just bought another 67 barracuda two months ago. I am going to make one good one out of both and the sell the other one.Both are restorable but not pretty. I have a 340 4speed in this one. The other one is a fast back and is in better shape.

Attachments

• tnbarracuda.jpg
    tnbarracuda.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 484
OP
OP
bearbqd

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal Birdman, looks like a good project. Here's the shots of my 68 Charger and updated pics of the Cuda with the hood scoop inserts painted and front spoilerettes.

Attachments

• charger resize 2.jpg
    charger resize 2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 448
  • bearschargerresize...jpg
    bearschargerresize...jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 459
  • dealerresize...jpg
    dealerresize...jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 445
  • Cudabybarn.jpg
    Cudabybarn.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 440
  • Small Cuda-Charger pic.jpg
    Small Cuda-Charger pic.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 443

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome charger and cuda! :notworthy: I remember when you could pick up 72-74 cuda s up for a couple of hundred bucks fairly easy but they are bringing big money now for just a rusted shell.When I was 16 I could have picked up a 70 barracuda grand coup for 400 bucks .I could not come up with the money. :( I have lots of stories like that .

OP
OP
bearbqd

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Birdman, yeah they were even more expensive before the economic crisis. I tried to get my dad to loan me $3,500 back in 90 for an awesome black 73 Cuda. He wouldn't do it. The current one cost me tons more in show car condition. Luckily the money came from finding an extremely rare 69 Camaro that my buddy and I sold. Here's a shot of my poor 71 Javelin awaiting restoration. I need the money to get an outbuilding to start on it. Poor thing sitting in my backyard for years now.

Attachments

• Jav.1...jpg
    Jav.1...jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 451
  • javelin.jpg
    javelin.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 455

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
Here is the 72 Javelin SST I found in the woods.
The guy wants a grand for it and will haul it to my yard for free if I buy it.
It was his highschool car and it was apparently souped up and overbored
with a cam and headers and all that good stuff guys do to their hotrods in highschool.
His sister is a really good friend and she said it was terrifying to ride in so I really want it.

OP
OP
bearbqd

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal man, snag that badboy and bring it back to life. Hopefully mine will be back on the road in a couple of years.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey GL ,I would buy it up quick before he puts it in the paper. Hey how far are you from the Goldsboro area?

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GL, I would to get it but the wife would skin me if I drag another car home. :help:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Bearbqd, I'm in the same boat as you. I bought a '71 X off ebay, project car that has sat in my barn for 3 years now. I put a new carb and starter relay in it, took to the road, left a 100' burnout and parked it. Been sitting ever since. ffd

OP
OP
bearbqd

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fistfulladirt said:
Bearbqd, I'm in the same boat as you. I bought a '71 X off ebay, project car that has sat in my barn for 3 years now. I put a new carb and starter relay in it, took to the road, left a 100' burnout and parked it. Been sitting ever since. ffd
Aww, come on man, at least you have a structure to work in of some sort. Do something with that car.

Hey GL, you know what's funny? I was just looking through the updates on carsinbarns.com and I saw your Javelin. What's even funnier is the 71 RT Challenger below it was submitted my me and my best friend.

DoubleUgly

Feb 11, 2010
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
I don't know what's more awesome: the fact that everyone here has such good taste, or the fact that such a great deal of y'all have sense enough to LOVE MA' MOPAR!!!

If I could have any car, it'd be a '64 Sport Fury with a 426 Wedge. Right now, we've got a Grand Caravan, a 5th Ave, and 2 Ram pickups.

So many nice cars here... :notworthy:

OP
OP
bearbqd

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I'd bring this thread back from the dead

Here's a recent pic of my Cuda with my buddies new 71 Superbee 440 car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
OP
OP
bearbqd

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got the wheels I've wanted for awhile. The "Cudee" now has the perfect balance of black accents.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 111

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread