Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
58-pound flathead we caught on a throw line in 2016. Did not get to fish last year, but we may try to hit it again this coming Summer.

View attachment 1546381

L.C.:thumbsup:

Holy catfish batman !!! Wow, what a beast !! That thing is a monster, thanks for posting a pic of that old dinosaur !! When you say throw line do you mean jugging. Setting individual lines with jugs as markers and floats ?? Congrats on the flathead.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Does bird caught count?:laughing7:

DSCN9779.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0530.jpg
My brother in law owns a brewery and distillery here in the keys. It has been a whirlwind success, and now we have a boat and all female fishing team. They just fished the "poor girls sailfish tournament" they didnt win, but did well and finished in the middle of the pack. My wife caught this monster barracuda !!

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Holy catfish batman !!! Wow, what a beast !! That thing is a monster, thanks for posting a pic of that old dinosaur !! When you say throw line do you mean jugging. Setting individual lines with jugs as markers and floats ?? Congrats on the flathead.

Individual lines ran by two guys in a 16-foot johnboat on the Nishnabotna River and a 20 footer on Missouri River. We are allowed 15 hooks in the water per man and we usually set three #9 hooks per line with a heavy bungee cord attached to the bank. We use 1 to 2 lb bullheads as bait which we also catch on a rod and real. Me with a 54 pound flathead taken out of the Nishna.
54 pound flathead.jpg

Wish we could have seen the ones that got away! No pun intended.:laughing7: L.C.
101_8859.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks wrightdigger !! My wife is doing great, and when it comes to fishing she listens and learns quickly. She is a dream to coach. im proud of her and shes racking up a nice list of great catches. We are a good team when we fish together.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Individual lines ran by two guys in a 16-foot johnboat on the Nishnabotna River and a 20 footer on Missouri River. We are allowed 15 hooks in the water per man and we usually set three #9 hooks per line with a heavy bungee cord attached to the bank. We use 1 to 2 lb bullheads as bait which we also catch on a rod and real. Me with a 54 pound flathead taken out of the Nishna.
View attachment 1548078

Wish we could have seen the ones that got away! No pun intended.:laughing7: L.C.
View attachment 1548071

Thats incredible man !! That sounds alot like commercial longlineing. Im pretty sure if I lived out there I would be doing the same type of fishing. When we fish sharks we fish 16 miles of 1600 pound test. We usually fish between 300 - 1200 #20 circle hooks on short 800 pound test leaders. Each hook is baited with a fist size chunk of cut bonito/tuna. You would probably love it L.C. !! Its a lot of work and a tough living but the money is great. Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed that. Congrats on some great cats.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
That is some huge tackle! I guess when you are shark fishing you gotta go BIG! I doubt if I could keep up with anything that big nowadays. not to mention I get motion sickness on the ocean. :happysmiley:

Last edited:

suntannedgem

Jan 29, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro with 9.5", 12" & Super Sniper coils, Garrett Treasure Hound Deep Depth Multiplier, Garrett Pin Pointer Pro II, Bounty Hunter Legacy 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vicki's 049.JPG ok 049.JPG

Couldn't find the pics of the big ones..82#,45# Halibuts, Pic of trout 5#er, Pic of King Salmon 43# taken just before having to release 66#. Alaska!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1096.jpg
IMG_1091.jpg
Been fisfing down past keywest. We have been by the marquesas islands. These big muttons were caught very close to the atocha wreck site.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
saw a guy catch a 40 pound black drum from the beach last week

also ate my first tilefish, which also happens to be the first time I heard of one

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats good stuff jeff !! That tilefish is great. We catch golden tile fish, and blue line tile fish. They come from the deep jeff. Wish you had a picture of that drum ! Are you down south !! ??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread