🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1085.jpg
IMG_1104.jpg
Key west is great !! Getting some great fish for my boss. Mutton snapper and wahoo

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry but I can't find the pic of me with the 35 pound Black Fin Tuna I caught Southeast of the Sand Key Light off Key West. We were trolling in 800 foot waters and it came to the surface and took my Ballyhoo bait fish. Dang thing dived to 300 feet before I could get it turned around. I hadn't much more than gotten the Tuna on the boat and the mate had my' hook re-baited and back out, when a (I believe a Brown) Shark the length of a motor boat went by and was headed towards my Ballyhoo bait. I sat there praying it would pass my bait fish by as I was worn out from fighting and landing the Black Fin Tuna and besides I was downing a beer and a sandwich. Luckily, it passed up on my bait fish.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice fish!

So...the boss is making good on his word? (You're not going anywhere?)

The boss is a good man , and we are fishing on our new boat already. We just got back from key west, and are making plans for a bahama trip real soon. The new boat is quite a rocket ship !! 42 foot with 4 350 horsepower engines. We made it back from keywest in 2 1/2 hours. We ran at 50 for most of the way, with some breaks here and there. Ill post a pic of it tomorrow.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but I can't find the pic of me with the 35 pound Black Fin Tuna I caught Southeast of the Sand Key Light off Key West. We were trolling in 800 foot waters and it came to the surface and took my Ballyhoo bait fish. Dang thing dived to 300 feet before I could get it turned around. I hadn't much more than gotten the Tuna on the boat and the mate had my' hook re-baited and back out, when a (I believe a Brown) Shark the length of a motor boat went by and was headed towards my Ballyhoo bait. I sat there praying it would pass my bait fish by as I was worn out from fighting and landing the Black Fin Tuna and besides I was downing a beer and a sandwich. Luckily, it passed up on my bait fish.

Frank how are you buddy !! We caught a wahoo at sand key light this last trip !! Sure wish I had the time to track down some of the treasure leads you gave me, but I had no free time to play. Fish, eat, sleep, and then do it all again !! Sometimes I have to repeat to my self "I love fishing, fishing is my life" it helps when im tired after 5 days in a row. Glad to see you posting again.good to here from you !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summer Saltwater Chinook 20+
San Juan Islands, Wa View attachment 1550462

Nice chinnook highnam !! Those islands are beautiful. I cruised those islands back in 2008 when we bought our first westport yacht. Congrats on a beautiful fish and thanks for posting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no fish lately? or wrightdigger?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Saw this thread long ago, but all my fishing pics were on another
hard drive...finally got some transferred.

My late father with his first and only Steelhead. I can still
remember the battle...that was 17 lb. of pissed off Steelhead!

Dad fish 022605 444444.jpg

Next is my Dad and me with a 42 lb. King salmon I caught in the
legendary Hoh River:

Mike and Dad with fish 222.jpg

Last (for now) is a monster of a Dolly Varden trout fresh
out of the Skagit River:

Mikes Dolly 7 010204.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome pictures DizzyDigger !! Thanks for posting them up. Your fathers smile says it all !! Looks like he was quite happy with that steelhead. You both look like you had a great time with that salmon !! Congrats and thanks !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no fish lately? or wrightdigger?

Jeff I blew up an engine on our new boat and have been waiting for the new one for a couple weeks. Should get the boat back today at noon. Hope to get some fish this weekend !! Don't know where wrightdigger has been ?? Probaly on a fishing trip or something. My thread is not the same without her contributions.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2435.jpg oh ya !! Engines are purring, and fish are biting. Got the boat back but still have a lot of customizing and other work to finish. Good news is the engine was under warranty and is already fixed, and we got a nice snapper too!! Catching one like this is no easy feat in shallow water. This fish got into the coral twice, and both times I thought he would break us off. But, not today !! We win !! Enough mutton snapper to feed 2 families !! Funny trait with these snappers is the dark patch on its nose. Only big ones in sallow water will have this feature. I think it has to do with being in shallow water with grass bottom. Dont see it much.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wrightdigger will be back I guarantee

what's it cost to go fishing with you?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work for a private owner but sometimes I work on the charter boat too and they run about 1000-1500 for a full day and 600 a half day, and maybe 750 for 3/4 day. Most charter boats can take at least 4 people. 6 people gets crowded unless your there to just drink and watch.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
can I drink, watch and entertain by my comments? ( do I have to wear clothes?)

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff.....its the keys. Anything goes !! Its hard to keep the cloths on down here for a lot of people. Just keep the hooks out of the way when you free willie. Dont want to hook the wrong worm, if you know what I mean !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
wrightdigger will be back I guarantee

what's it cost to go fishing with you?

I work for a private owner but sometimes I work on the charter boat too and they run about 1000-1500 for a full day and 600 a half day, and maybe 750 for 3/4 day. Most charter boats can take at least 4 people. 6 people gets crowded unless your there to just drink and watch.

can I drink, watch and entertain by my comments? ( do I have to wear clothes?)

Jeff.....its the keys. Anything goes !! Its hard to keep the cloths on down here for a lot of people. Just keep the hooks out of the way when you free willie. Dont want to hook the wrong worm, if you know what I mean !!

Please let me know if you book a trip. I'll book one with you.

That way I can grab both of you guys by the ears and give you a "what for" for making such facetious posts!

8f9.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread