Fish pics ( everybody )

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are also great for breakfast, cooked over a fire right after being caught.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Thats whats great about fishing !!! Im willing to bet that story is a fond memory of a fishing trip where you actually did that. Very cool !! Im honored to be a fisherman as my profession. I cant imagine how many peoples fishing trip memories im actually a part of. I try to be as professional as possible and leave the customers with the best memories as possible. Polite, informative, helpful and encouraging. Im an entertainer and try to keep everyone awake and enthused even when the fishing is slow. Its a great lifestyle. I love the ocean, I work on the ocean, and when im off I cant wait to get in the ocean. Ya gotta love it !!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-700.JPG I took this guy home to the smoke house. I release all my sail fish except fo 1 or 2 that we smoke each year.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-706.JPG north west wind, cold weather, and out going tide, make for a great night of shrimping. Some nights I can get a 5 gallon bucket full just standing on the bank with a hand held shrimp net and a light. Its only good in winter and spring. Went to check the other night, but only saw a couple go by. Not quite cold enough yet.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-701.JPG fall /winter is also sailfish season !! Live action shot. Sailfish close enough for the leader grab. If I can reach out and grab the leader its considerd a catch in a tournament. No need to bring them in if you dont have to. We use a special hook that rust apart very quickly, and cut the line right at the hook for quick release of the fish. Getting ready today to hopefully catch a few tomorrow.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1518288 fall /winter is also sailfish season !! Live action shot. Sailfish close enough for the leader grab. If I can reach out and grab the leader its considerd a catch in a tournament. No need to bring them in if you dont have to. We use a special hook that rust apart very quickly, and cut the line right at the hook for quick release of the fish. Getting ready today to hopefully catch a few tomorrow.

That’s a really cool shot!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
014.JPG
This is what happens when you bite off more than you can chew:)

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting everyone !! Wow wrightdigger !! Thats one incredible trophy size pike !! Ive caught a small one before, but one like your sons is what we all dream of. Give your son a big congrats for me !! Striped bass RTR, very nice !! I fish a guy in the bahamas every year, and thats what he does. His greatest passion in life is fishing striped bass. Great pics, thank you and congrats. I hope to look like that fish in the bottom pic after todays feast !! Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Blak bart. 2010_0817Mttohuntdeer4th0004.JPG
These DIY boards are KILLER for striped bass.They will support a (9) hook umbrella rig at just the right trolling speed.Striped bass cant resist em:)

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good God you people have caught some "Monsters", in comparison all I can offer up is, I have managed to land a few large packages of fish sticks at the local supermarket.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good God you people have caught some "Monsters", in comparison all I can offer up is, I have managed to land a few large packages of fish sticks at the local supermarket.

Theres nothing like 'fresh' striped bass fish sticks :)

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times you got to "trust your gortons fisherman"
Screenshot_2017-11-23-08-38-54.png
168 years making fish sticks. Wow !! I eat them and like them too.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-705.JPG heres a king fish or king mackerel. They can be good when fresh but they are a bit soft and fishy, they are great fish to smoke in the smoke house. People bring me these fish all fall and winter long so that I can smoke it for them. I usally keep half the fish as my smoking fee. My reputation as a fish smoker has grown over the last few years ! I have some secret brine recipes that make all the difference !!
I hate it when they load sideways !! Darn it !! You'll have to tap the image twice to open it for better viewing.

Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here's a short video (hope it loads) where I got permission from a farmer to fish a small trout stream that went through his cow pasture. Had to be careful where I stepped.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video !! That really makes me want to get to the stream and give it a go !! SD51 that is a beautiful spot for some peace and serenity !! Only to be disturbed by the sounds of fishing joy !! Thanks for sharing that, awsome !!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Blak bart! My fishing buddy and I had that all to ourselves. Trout streams are real gems. Cold, clean, fast moving water. The trout are a bonus!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting