worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Chris is that an abandoned roller coaster park ?? Seems like a good treasure spot !!

That's Six Flags,used to be Riverside Park,opened as a full fledged amusement park in 1940.Can't get anywhere near it as they have 24/7 security and cameras.I have found stuff near the fence where those rides are when the river gets low,only way you can get close.

It's in my back yard by the way,well,a 1/8 mile away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow....one can only imagine what's there. I would be pestering them for permission. I was fishing yesterday but didnt get any pics. There starting to look all the same....a mutton snapper and a blackfin tuna. Cant wait to go after some swordfish and mahi....any day now and the mahi will be here !! Things are loosening up down here....I can tell by the boat traffic. There were lots of boats out and about yesterday.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoops....I forgot to congratulate you on a hard won carp chris. Nice work sometimes it takes more patience than one would expect !!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoops....I forgot to congratulate you on a hard won carp chris. Nice work sometimes it takes more patience than one would expect !!
I don't go fishing to catch fish..that's the BONUS.:laughing7:Last year I went 30 days no fish,I do not give up,eventually one has to suck that sweet corn in,then.....HANG ON.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Some fish pics as promised, Bart.

First up: I never posted about Belize. I only went out one day. Mr WD caught the most, but I caught the biggest for the day. I don't remember the weight or length.

mycuda2020kanu.JPG

Second: Saturday we participated in a Fish Donkey Derby. It was a first for me. It is all done on an app. You can put in any where you want on the lake. When you catch a fish, you take a photo holding the fish, one of the fish on the bump board (making sure to get clear shot of the length), and then a video of releasing the fish or cutting the fin if you are keeping them. We released ours. The app keeps a record and upgrades your five best in length fish. It started at 7:00 am and ran until 3:00pm. But you could fish anytime in between. To start you had to take pics of your live well for a boat check. We were driving down the highway, on the phone with a friend who was also heading to fish. All of the sudden we started hearing this, "HE HAW HE HAW." Cracked us up! That was the app notifications for the boat check entries.

It was foggy all day.

fish donkey fog.JPG

And we were attacked by the midges. You can't do anything with these. They are very fragile and smear all over, so it is best to just let them rule.

midges.JPG

midge.JPG

midges 2.jpg

We pretty much stayed in second place al day, with a brief stint in third. At 2:55 pm, we landed an upgrade. I managed to take all the pics and video and entered it at 2:58 pm. But, alas, it wasn't a big enough upgrade. We came in second with 131.5" and the winner had 132". Talk about close. It was fun, and I would do it again. We had 2 @ 28.5", a 26+, 25+ and 24+. Our friend did the math and I guess I won $195.00. Why me and not us? LOL. It's my paypal account. :laughing9: MR WD said I could use it to buy my own fishing clothes and stop wearing his. :tongue3:

MRWD Fish Donkey.jpg

WD Fish Donkey2.JPG

WD Fish Donkey.jpg

Then, back at camp, MR WD tried out magnet fishing for the first time. He found that there is a steel plate at the ramp. :BangHead:

magnet fishing 1st.JPG

While we were away for the weekend, my son and his family held down the home front. The first pic are his three little ones playing in the water. I marked where the old barn used to be and the general area where I found that piece of crotal bell (last year I believe). The second pic is his girlfriend with their bluegill catch.

pond fun May 2020 marked.jpg

bluegill May2020.jpg

All in all, a fun weekend for us.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well WD....I was starting to wonder if you lost the love of fishing...now I see you've been busy fishing. Congrats on the 2 place showing. And the cash pay out !! Nice work team WD !! Did the natives eat your barracuda? They all love it down there even though you could get very sick eating it....they take everyone I get.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read somewhere that your post was a real long ordeal....thanks for taking the time to share it here WD !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well WD....I was starting to wonder if you lost the love of fishing...now I see you've been busy fishing. Congrats on the 2 place showing. And the cash pay out !! Nice work team WD !! Did the natives eat your barracuda? They all love it down there even though you could get very sick eating it....they take everyone I get.

Last year was hard to get away with my mom and all that she had going on. Belize was the first fishing for this year and the derby was the first lake Erie fishing this year. Yes, they kept most of our fish. I couldn't find the pics, but MR Wd caught some strawberry grouper (?) and we kept a few of those to eat. I'll be honest. My stomach didn't like the trip to Belize. The whole week I had to push forward to have fun. I would go back in a heartbeat though! The guy that arranged it, found a farm there. He and MR WD were going to look into it, and possibly go back down there in March. Well, guess what happened? The thought of having a winter place there to retire to was very exciting there for a minute.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I read somewhere that your post was a real long ordeal....thanks for taking the time to share it here WD !!

Oh you are most welcome! It was just because everything was was spread out on the different "time saving" devices and apps. Had to get them all together.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The guy that arranged it, found a farm there. He and MR WD were going to look into it, and possibly go back down there in March. Well, guess what happened? The thought of having a winter place there to retire to was very exciting there for a minute.[/QUOTE]

===========

There must be plenty of opportunities in Belize. Fishing guide, charter boat captain, tourist guide , rental operator for scooters, four wheelers, METAL DETECTORS and much much more. Convince Mr.WD to look at it as a business investment. This way you won't have to wait until you retire ( because you have many more years to go girl ).

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The guy that arranged it, found a farm there. He and MR WD were going to look into it, and possibly go back down there in March. Well, guess what happened? The thought of having a winter place there to retire to was very exciting there for a minute.

===========

There must be plenty of opportunities in Belize. Fishing guide, charter boat captain, tourist guide , rental operator for scooters, four wheelers, METAL DETECTORS and much much more. Convince Mr.WD to look at it as a business investment. This way you won't have to wait until you retire ( because you have many more years to go girl ).[/QUOTE]

Oh, I am sorry. I left that out. It was a business thing. This guy is a very neat guy. A real character. He grew up very poor , even homeless for a time, and watched his mom work multiple jobs day and night just trying to survive. He vowed that he was going to make sure she wouldn’t have to work like that. I don’t know all the details, but he has the Midas touch with business opportunities and he supports her to this day. He served in the military. Harasses mr WD which I love. I first met him at a fishing event. The guy who partnered with mr WD locked his keys in his truck. This guy comes up, calms the dude down and handed him his AAA card. Told him to give it back at the awards dinner when his truck and key situation was cleared up. He didn’t even know us at the time. He’s the type of guy that would give you the shirt off his back if you need it.
He called the other day. He heard me laughing. Found out he was on speaker and proceeded to tell me about how there was some digging going on for gas lines or something. The dirt was all piled alongside the trench and the street. He seen an “old guy “ metal detecting. He just wanted to tell me that. Of course now I wonder who it was, if they are on here and if they found anything. LOL

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They don't call me gar scale for nothing! Every thing is bigger in Texas.

Attachments

• IMG_Apr21_2_2.jpg
    IMG_Apr21_2_2.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG95Apr23_2.jpg
    IMG95Apr23_2.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_Apr21_4.jpg
    IMG_Apr21_4.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice garscale....I'm still trying to get out there and catch one like those for my bucket list of fish !! Thanks for the post garscale...good luck out there.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way ta go chris....the water must be warming up. Nice work Congrats on those lunkers !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We went out this week and blew up our power steering pump before we got out of the marina. The new pump cost 4500$ and were still waiting for it !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions