FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1984399
1st afternoon fishing at 'the cove'. The 2 better fish of the days limit. Courtesy of my Gold finds I cashed in to buy my boat that I used to bag these delicious creatures. Only problem is now I have a boat, I havnt been detecting near as much, so my gold finds have been non existent. Oh well. Nothing more Id rather do than be on the ocean fishing.
Nice work beekbuster !! Love the fact you bought your boat with gold finds.....I bought my current truck with gold finds !! I too love treasure hunting and fishing in equal doses !!

beekbuster

Jan 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
gpx 4500
gpz (died in a fire. rip)
Primary Interest:
Other
l
Nice work beekbuster !! Love the fact you bought your boat with gold finds.....I bought my current truck with gold finds !! I too love treasure hunting and fishing in equal doses !!
Last year I got drawn for a mule deer tag, and came up empty despite my best efforts. Went detecting weekend after season closed. set my pack down 10 feet from a 26 gram nugget. Found it in first 10 minutes of the day. next trip I had a 2 ouncer at a different location. Its been a year now, and been out only a half dozen times and have one .3 gram nug to show for it. I dont mind one bit. I figure Im due for a long dry spell after my luck last year. Ocean fishing gives me the most gratification. Everything that comes up to the boat is excellent eating, and much easier to bring home meat than going hunting. California deer hunting is a joke. This is the first year I have not purchased a hunting license since I was 8 years old. Im 36. Last trip out detecting was opener of deer season and I had 3 bucks at 30 yards standing broadside for quite some time. Luck has not been on my side lately.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, Pepperj. How about the carnivorous blue gills? [emoji23] Any body fish for them?
I do. I like blue gill and shell crackers best then crappie. Hopefully this weekend we put a hundred or so in the boat. I need it to supplement my venison. Here is last trip out. It was hot and we only kept a few as the bass were on the shad and we were on the bass. I LOVE FISHING. Tournament fished for over 10 years around Chickamauga lake.
We fly fish for them in the summer and have made a lure turner making my own bass poppers,chuggers and spooks.. Have an air brush and an ultra violet dryer. Still learning but its fun catching fish on lures that you make.

View attachment 1986317
IMG_7027.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do. I like blue gill and shell crackers best then crappie. Hopefully this weekend we put a hundred or so in the boat. I need it to supplement my venison. Here is last trip out. It was hot and we only kept a few as the bass were on the shad and we were on the bass. I LOVE FISHING. Tournament fished for over 10 years around Chickamauga lake.
We fly fish for them in the summer and have made a lure turner making my own bass poppers,chuggers and spooks.. Have an air brush and an ultra violet dryer. Still learning but its fun catching fish on lures that you make.

View attachment 1986317 View attachment 1986318
Nice catch of big ones....perfect pan fryers !!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1987140
Making a sword from the bill of a sword fish !! Copper wire wrap on a mahogany handle. Want to decorate the pomel next !!
Get that copper wrap tighter and mo’ even, and it will look even better! What a crazy object you have created. Cool!

Here is my fish pic from the week. I am a commercial Dungeness crab fisherman here in Washington state. We are having an incredible opener.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get that copper wrap tighter and mo’ even, and it will look even better! What a crazy object you have created. Cool!

Here is my fish pic from the week. I am a commercial Dungeness crab fisherman here in Washington state. We are having an incredible opener.
82EA4ED4-FBA5-4EC3-BF89-275182E3DAFE.jpeg

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
...more pics plz. Your traps, how you catch bait, how you bait and set traps, how many traps will you set out, how deep, how do you retrieve, your boat and anything else you want to share. I really want to go along but for now tell us all about a day or two in the life..

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice....were having our stone crab season now....it overlaps on our spiney lobster season !! Your right i need to tighten up the wraps...I havnt locked it down yet, and I've got a ways to go still. File work some gold leafing, and who knows what else....maybe a blue gemstone in the pommel !!

Nice catch, congrats CoinFetcher !!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9F7EA2AD-EB00-4B6D-B0DD-3DD93E87B7F5.jpeg
...more pics plz. Your traps, how you catch bait, how you bait and set traps, how many traps will you set out, how deep, how do you retrieve, your boat and anything else you want to share. I really want to go along but for now tell us all about a day or two in the life..
Here is a pic from today, out in the islands. Pretty crappy out, had to head in with out checking like 1/3rd of my traps.

We have about 100 traps we are allowed to have out at any time. Bait them up, and set them where u think crabs will be. Haul the trap with a hydraulic power block. Take out the keeper crabs, and Rebait and reset the pot. Maybe adjusting its location, depth, etc to try to find more crabs!

Their about 100 boats in the fleet, and we are done once our 1.5 million pounds are caught. Price is good now, $7.5 for crabs, and I’m trying to catch as much as I freaking can while the season is open. It’s like treasure hunting, but for crabs!

Attachments

• 4F574469-FF15-44B1-82A3-302C6FCCC9BC.jpeg
    4F574469-FF15-44B1-82A3-302C6FCCC9BC.jpeg
    391.6 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome stuff coin fetcher !! I used to fish 2000 lobster traps....everything was in trawls of 10 traps each !! We were fishing from 40-200 ft. Not many people fish out that deep here !! Now I sport fish and tournament fish fin fish. I still lobster fish but they really have to be catching good before I go now !! If there catching 1000-1500 pounds a day I will go to help out my high-school buddy....we've fished 20+ together !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
We are fishing the fall derbies. There are 2 this year. We need to find 11# class in one and 13# class in the other at this time. This could change at any time, depending on who catches big fish. There are over 7,000 participants in one derby and over 10,000 in the other. Most people signed up for both. Um, duh, only makes sense. Anyway, we went out over the weekend, caught lots of nice fish and had a fun time. We did not find, what we needed though. Our biggest were 6.5# for him and 7.67 # for me.

11-06-21 fish combined.jpg

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you got some let's see them !! Freshwater, saltwater, brackish water. Minnows to whales. Let's see um !! Maybe we'll here a story or 2 !! Ill start with my avatar. View attachment 1514636
80+ pounder
Wahoo
And yes we all ware these terrorist face masks to protect our face from the sun in the tropics.
MMMHHH... making me hungry! lol

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are fishing the fall derbies. There are 2 this year. We need to find 11# class in one and 13# class in the other at this time. This could change at any time, depending on who catches big fish. There are over 7,000 participants in one derby and over 10,000 in the other. Most people signed up for both. Um, duh, only makes sense. Anyway, we went out over the weekend, caught lots of nice fish and had a fun time. We did not find, what we needed though. Our biggest were 6.5# for him and 7.67 # for me.

View attachment 1989645
Ya but the bimini/she tent looks awsome....plus a heater hot dog cooker !! Living large !! Good luck WD.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0852.jpg

So when you grow up on the island, you mark all your first fish with a picture. This was my nephew turks first shark !! A bonnet head shark !! Its a type of small hammer head shark !! He was more than thrilled, and we spent all day fishing on this perfect day. I started at noon and fished till sunset with my son, nephews, and some of there friends !! We caught some sharks, and we lost a large gag grouper, and jumped off a giant tarpon. All the kids got to reel in some snappers, and it was the first day I kept these kids fishing the whole time.....there learning fast, and im proud of these boys !!
20211113_174832.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread