mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
anyone have a fave hot springs to share? I think mine is one outside of Banff (?) B.C. It's been yrs, but it's quite a hike up a trail you go into a cave, & there is the hot springs.. there is a hole in the ceiling of the cave, so you get a glow thru the steam during the day. Most amazing!

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
never went to that one. ever been to Strawberry fields hot springs outside of Steamboat? use to be nice, but I'm sure it's changed since I last saw it 30 yrs ago.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mamabear said:
never went to that one. ever been to Strawberry fields hot springs outside of Steamboat? use to be nice, but I'm sure it's changed since I last saw it 30 yrs ago.

Man, it only took me a month and a half to respond to your question, so, so sorry. Never have, will check it out.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BigBend National Park,right on the river.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
BLACKFOOT said:
hot well dunes between bowie and safford az.

wow, didn't know there were hot springs in AZ! might have to chk those out.

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
used to be big spa in safford from there to the mex border is sulphur springs valley because of all the hot springs that have you guessed it sulpur

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mamabear said:
BLACKFOOT said:
hot well dunes between bowie and safford az.

wow, didn't know there were hot springs in AZ! might have to chk those out.
While you are at it, check ou the Verdre hot springs at Childes. and old spa, right on the river.

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sanfrancisco river hot springs,, Lots of natural pools right in the bottom of the river, they can change when it floods. Glenwood New Mexico.

Oledigger

Greenie
Sep 11, 2004
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3 , Whites XLT
Arid-Zone A Seeker,
I noticed you mentioned the hot springs at Glenwood NM. I lived at the end of the Catwalk road, in the little white house just before you get to the catwalk in 1963-64. My husband and I went to the hot springs there at least twice a week. Back then it had a little building built over it and a man made tub inside so you would have privacy and be out of the elements. One of the gentlemen that owned the little ranch (Dos Burros) that we lived on, built that shed. I loved to sit in that tub and soak, and felt like a drained rat when I got out. I made a trip to Glenwood last year, a lot has changed, but I didn't get to go down to the springs which I regret, but it was getting dark and had to get back to Silver City to our hotel. I was told it had changed down there also. I'm glad to see someone else enjoyed the springs as much as I did.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread