Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well ummm I throw old eggs n carcasses in tbe back field and they eat that too. But they leave my protected bunnies alone... Now if to get to the turkeys they tore through wire and And dug under the 2 foot sunken underground fencing that is needed to protect chickens n such from predators ... Then yes you have cause for alarm. If the turkeys were free roaming, what did u expect?

< slightly worried that Mrs. Snow has carcasses to discard. (calling FBI)

H

Holly_squirrel

dieselram94 said:
Holly, I agree live and let live. Don't get me wrong I love animals and no we should not nuke the countryside. However we are talking about coyotes and they are very heartless and opportunistic. Ever since they introduced the wild turkeys into my area the turkey population has exploded and as a result so have the coyotes. I used to feel the same way as you about controlling the coyote population, but then I had a son. Please don't blame me for wanting to protect my son...

Sweetheart, unless your son is a turkey or you let him play outside at night unattended , I'm thinking he's safe.

H

Holly_squirrel

jeff-gordon said:
< slightly worried that Mrs. Snow has carcasses to discard. (calling FBI)

Yes, that does sound wrong... But what is one to do with those darn pesky Jehovah' Witnesses?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sweetheart, unless your son is a turkey or you let him play outside at night unattended , I'm thinking he's safe.
I agree he is probably safe. But they have been exercising population control very aggresively in the area around my home. If they weren't......well...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
now I get it, she loves animals and hates peoples

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the facts speak for themselves

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
she's a cold blooded killer, but don't tell her I said that ok?

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that does sound wrong... But what is one to do with those darn pesky Jehovah' Witnesses?

Good one Holly! We have many species of wildlife in our area and the mountain lions have kept the coyote away the last two years...

H

Holly_squirrel

I love my people, and stick close to my kin... I was born with a strong connection to animals and am compassionate to all. However..... Lol. I trust animals far more than I trust people.... They are pure... We arnt

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So does your son run to the house from the car? Do you have to take your dog out to pee with a shotgun? Have you seen a coyote in your yard? I'm thinking this is all hypothetical. Your committing it of a crime before its even done anything . We got coyotes that walk through the back field .... I don't let the kids be alone outside at night.... Tbe cats stay inside... The bunnies are in very sturdy secure Spacious cages( 2 feet off the ground). You take precautions . You don't start blasting away
I take precautions Holly. I have farm fenced my whole property..... a not inconsiderable expense, I can tell you. However, the yotes seem to persist in trying to scramble under the fence, or come across the river. When you raise meat chickens and turkeys, plus have the usual assortment of calves, foals, and Jack Russel Terrorists (working dos.. they keep the gophers down), those animals should be protected. I know that it is only to die later... But 1)at least our method is fast... not tortured as do the yotes. and 2ç I have a fair investment in my livestock... It is my living, if I may use that term. I know that I talked about bears in an earlier post. I have had who knows how many bears on my property, in my fruit trees.. Never shot one, ever. That being said, if one tries to break into my house, as happened to a buddy up here, he will go down. But while they are in my fruit trees, I do not really have a problem... I have more than enough trees. One interesting sidebar... The guide I mentioned earlier was telling me this story. The grizz up here are pretty bold at times. The friend had a group from Montana out and one shot a nice mulie. The deer fell down a small cliff and when the group went to get it, found that a grizz had claimed it... They just walked away.. It seems as though the grizz especially, have learned that a gunshot means game that they do not have to expend energy getting. Thus when they hear a shot, they come a runnin. So, I may seem like a cold blooded killer to you... I hope not but..... However, I respect the land up here... and do my best to keep it as best as I can. I never take more deer that we can use in a season... and I leave the biggest ones alone.... let us face it.. I would not shoot my best bull... I want him for breeding. We grow a large garden... give a lot of it away..

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holly, I agree live and let live. Don't get me wrong I love animals and no we should not nuke the countryside. However we are talking about coyotes and they are very heartless and opportunistic. Ever since they introduced the wild turkeys into my area the turkey population has exploded and as a result so have the coyotes. I used to feel the same way as you about controlling the coyote population, but then I had a son. Please don't blame me for wanting to protect my son...
Yotes are vermin.... successful to be sure... but vermin. I have no love of them.. and every one on my property goes down.

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my people, and stick close to my kin... I was born with a strong connection to animals and am compassionate to all. However..... Lol. I trust animals far more than I trust people.... They are pure... We arnt
Do you trust all animals more than people Holly.... And to what extent does that trust go... IE... Would you trust, lets say, a cougar as much as say, one of your rabbits. And I am not certain what you mean by They are pure.... We arent.. Pureness of spirit (not certain what that means) or pureness of intent(Wish that my question mar worked here)

H

Holly_squirrel

I trust their intent more than a person's. they live by instinct . They are not motivated by greed. Doesn't matter wether it's a mouse or a grizzly bear , they don't have a sinful heart. Hence, they are pure.

H

Holly_squirrel

I do understand that sometimes sadly, people do need to gain control of out of control populations . It's just sad

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Not everything in life is happy Holly...

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I trust their intent more than a person's. they live by instinct . They are not motivated by greed. Doesn't matter wether it's a mouse or a grizzly bear , they don't have a sinful heart. Hence, they are pure.
Rather sad that you look at it this way Holly.... to trust an animals intent more that say, your parents... or your children (If you have any)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread