Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess this could fall under "get your tin hat on". :laughing7: Radiation protection, and all.......

I just happened to hear Shepherd Smith on Fox advise, that one of the strongest solar flares yet, has been released from our sun and is headed this way. While it is going to hit us with more radiation than normal, do not worry, it will not be harmful.

However, it may knock out some communications. I searched and cannot find a current link as to this news.
Anyone else got link?

I remember, many years ago(like 10 maybe, I'm terrible with dates), we were having some of our strongest solar flares at the time. I was in my chiropractors' office, getting the tens therapy(the little electric shock pad thingys). As I'm laying there, halfway in to the session, the pad thingys started getting stronger, and stronger, and stronger! It was almost getting to the point of, I was going to have to jump up and snatch them off me.
Things then settled down and the rest of the session was normal with no incidents.
I always wondered if that could have been a side effect of a solar flare.
This was during the time, that some communications up north, was affected by solar flares. I remember that because it had been on the radio right before I went into the doc's office.

just made me go hhhmmmmm........ :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions