Does anyone know what this is? Compass, Barometer???

Oldnrth

Greenie
Nov 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at an antique shop, couldn’t figure out what it is and it’s been on my mind since. Obviously in the original box, marked “Short @ Mason”. There is a loop attached and it has hands that move from 0- 90 -0 when moved, anyone have an answer???

IMG_0885.jpg

Raider19962

Mar 4, 2018
Delaware, The First State
Detector(s) used
White's, Technetics, Fisher M, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a primitive metal detector called a "dipping needle", c. 1926, used for locating buried iron pipes. Appropriate enough for this website! I can't get it to attach, but Google "Tyco Short and Mason catalog 1926", page 28. Original cost, $12.00.

Welcome to the website and good hunting. I'd recommend an upgrade to something newer than this, though. Lol.

OP
OP
O

Oldnrth

Greenie
Nov 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a primitive metal detector called a "dipping needle", c. 1926, used for locating buried iron pipes. Appropriate enough for this website! I can't get it to attach, but Google "Tyco Short and Mason catalog 1926", page 28. Original cost, $12.00.

Welcome to the website and good hunting. I'd recommend an upgrade to something newer than this, though. Lol.

Thanks for the help! I’ve been looking for the better part of an hour and could not for the life of me figure it out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread