Lincoln City parks

moholedigger

Mar 15, 2008
Mexico, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
It seems whoever has been hitting Lincoln (old Cooper) Park and Van Dorn park have done a pretty good job. Was up visiting on work last week and spent a few hours in each. However, ....

Obviously, whoever has been hitting Lincoln isn't digging nickle targets. Initially, I didn't either, but after digging a few Zinclon's and a nice pocket knife (what was this thing doing in the swingset area?) I realized this had been hunted pretty hard, so I turned my attention to the nickel signals and sure enough I hit four of them within 10 minutes, but by then it was getting dark and I hadn't eaten.

The next night I went to Van Dorn and ... yes, you can thank me now... dug about 20 old soda pop lids. They targeted in varying ways and I was going to discriminate them but decided not to. Good thing to, otherwise I would have missed the key to the city I dug (okay it was just a key, circa 1970). Otherwise, one Zincoln (1972), one nickel (1975) and some foil and that was about it.

Not planning on being in Lincoln again any time soon (okay, any time) but whoever is hitting these parks might want to search for nickels. I'm sure I left more than one. ;)

CowboyKolo

Nov 11, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum
LOL yeah, the city parks have been hit very hard. Cooper is/was hit by just about every detectorist in the city over the years. It's the oldest park in Lincoln.
You can still find stuff out there, but it ain't easy. There's a few areas around town that produce nicely though. If you do find yourself back in Lincoln, give me a buzz. I can probably show you one or two spots rarely hit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions