Just moved to Omaha...

allthebetter

Apr 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi there! I am still in the process of moving down to Omaha for a new job, but with the weather getting nicer I was wanting to maybe try and get out and MD around the area. Is there anyone who can give me some insight as to the do's and don'ts for Omaha? I am coming from South Dakota, and things were a bit more relaxed up there for MD'ing. I would also be interested in maybe finding some folks to detect with as well!

Bullhead23

Sep 30, 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Current-Minelab E-Trac, Sunray Pro phones, TW digger
Past-Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need to get over to park maintenance and get a metal detecting permit for a dollar to hunt local parks legally. There are a number of old parks around here, many concentrated in north o which is the shadier side of town if you didn't already know. Feel free to hit me up if you ever want a hunting partner.

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once Spring gets here I'm 30 min away in Mo Valley

PixySnot

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2015
Omaha, NE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see this is an old thread, but I figured I'd chime in anyway. I'm in NW Omaha and I'm new to metal detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread