Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it... if I were there, I'd climb it in a heartbeat! :'(
It's barely even off the highway too. Uhg...

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's marked on my "places to explore" on my Bing Maps account (where I keep all my treasure leads)... I hope someone is able to get out there before I eventually do!

Bran <><

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drive by that spot a few times a month. Every time I do I am eyeballing it. Thats going to be one tough climb.

Thanks for the tip Art.
Steve

renogeoff

Jan 27, 2010
Carson City NV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EuroTek Pro/Explorer II/Safari/ACE 250,Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The location is less than 20 miles from my house.
The finding of gold here doesnt make sense to me though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the gold areas are west of Truckee, on the western slopes of the Sierras. The Truckee River flows west to east, and directly past this spot, but no gold (as far as I have researched) has been found in the river near here. I would think if nuggets were in this area, then some placers would have worked their way down the steep slopes into the river at some point.

I'll do some more research, and weather permitting, go take a look soon. (10 feet of snow covering the area now)

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
renogeoff said:
The location is less than 20 miles from my house.
The finding of gold here doesnt make sense to me though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the gold areas are west of Truckee, on the western slopes of the Sierras. The Truckee River flows west to east, and directly past this spot, but no gold (as far as I have researched) has been found in the river near here. I would think if nuggets were in this area, then some placers would have worked their way down the steep slopes into the river at some point.

I'll do some more research, and weather permitting, go take a look soon. (10 feet of snow covering the area now)

You are correct about native gold in the truckee west of Reno. If anything, I would imagine that spot could contain a cache of some sort. It is above the old Central Pacific Railroad station of Mystic. There are a lot of spots between Truckee and Verdi for possible silver I am looking at hitting this year.
You never know. Can,t find it if you don,t look for it.
Steve

renogeoff

Jan 27, 2010
Carson City NV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EuroTek Pro/Explorer II/Safari/ACE 250,Classic IDX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehow, I missed this in the original post and it just hit me: How did you get the exact coordinates, if you couldn't actually hike to the site? Why am I getting the feeling that you haven't dug or MD'd any caves there?

From researching some of your other posts, am I to assume you got these "readings" from dowsing or LRLs?

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey renogeoff…You got it…I am a Dowser and a LRL user and also do some Map dowsing. I can not say that those are the correct GPS readings. The only thing that I can tell you is that every bit of information I have found makes me believe there are nuggets on that mountain side. Ten years ago I would have went after them myself…When my rods tell me there is gold some place it is always there..Art

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are you still active dowsing ? are there any new area's that you think would be good to check out ?
thanks

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While many would argue against the validity of such techniques... if geologically the area does not support this claim... is there any history that could back it up? Stashed gold? Sounds like a possibility.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread