OP
OP
R

roy2bears

Aug 15, 2010
cameron,ok.
Detector(s) used
whites tesoro
don thank you i think those nos. will work in my jeeps computer. we will take suplies and tell friends so if not out after dark to send help. we went to ophir last year.

OP
OP
R

roy2bears

Aug 15, 2010
cameron,ok.
Detector(s) used
whites tesoro
ok we found jefferson looked around took pics had lunch in the creek. creek water cold made tootsies cold. we will return again some day..

OP
OP
R

roy2bears

Aug 15, 2010
cameron,ok.
Detector(s) used
whites tesoro
we will roll dice at the ramada inn in tonapah,., then we will detect and pan where ever yeeessss

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Roy, if you're in Tonopah then you're not far from Manhattan, which is a
very old mining town. Lots of good gold came from that region, and
also up the Monitor Valley, just SE of Manhattan.

If you go up the valley be damn sure the fuel tank is topped-off when you leave
Tonopah, as there's no fuel or service for 100+ miles. Gorgeous country up in
Manhattan, and as close as you are to it I sure wouldn't pass up a visit there if
time permits.

OP
OP
R

roy2bears

Aug 15, 2010
cameron,ok.
Detector(s) used
whites tesoro
thanks for the good info. we had a very good time, met some nice people they invited us to go with them to tour the round mountain gold mine and company picnic. the bar in manhattan was closed no beer but we soaked our feet in the hot springs located off hwy, 50 and 376 and cooled them in the south twin. we found a little gold and some clad money,.,.,. yyeeaaaa

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread