golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Live in southern NV. now but looking to purchase 30 to 100 acres in the central to northern part of
the state of NV., or south east area of Oregon. Would be for my year round home. Electic is a must,so that
knocks out a lot of rural areas. Run a mail order business,so just need a post office in a near by town.
Plan on spending most my free time metal detecting, prospecting the property, & building up a homestead.
The problem I seem to be running into is --- lack of electricity & inaccessibility in the winter months.
Any good, known location would be appreciated.

OP
OP
G

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As an update to my property search--- now I know why Nevada is so rural !!!! Plenty of good,cheap,
property, yet no ele., no good access, 50 miles from town,cold ,windy winters. And most of all, no mineral
rights on most pieces of land. Plus I beleave BLM has 80% of the land in this state. !!!!
The search goes on. 8-)

OP
OP
G

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two weeks later, and still no good leads !!!! Must have spoken to at
least 30 different real estate offices concerning land with 'mineral rights'.
Seems NO ONE is selling any acreage that has mineral rights with it !!!
Most of it has been tied up by the big companies many years ago.
They will sell with out mineral rights, but that's not for me.
The hunt goes on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here I go again, another question as to mineral rights on private property.
Has anyone been though the process of purchasing mineral rights on their
land that someone else owns? Have seen one parcel with 25% rights.
Anyone ever have problems between them selfs (land holder) & the mineralghts holder ?????

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would consider going a different direction. Get a small parcel with power and spend a couple years scouting for a claim to file. You can live in an RV or such
and explore for good ground.

Sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it too, no offense intended. On the other hand, there's patented mining properties out there but don't know
where you would find them advertised - another reason to live cheap while getting to know the locals and "the lay of the land". I haven't searched but "Mineweb"
based in Reno might have a classified ad section. Of course don't look to ebay for mining properties, nuff said on that!

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well in the GPAA mining book you can find some interesting lands to buy, if you dont have one ask any one who does to get u that info or just going the GPAA membership and they will send u that book

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread