bigfokkerdog

Jul 22, 2013
Tumwater, WA
Detector(s) used
Traded up from a Garrett ACE 350 to an ATPro with a Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really Reno???

I came in from out of town and thought I might hit up the local md shop and see what the scoop is.

I go to the md/gun store on Kietzke to contact the md guy. I asked him about md's and he says he has no equipment at store, he only sells md's from his living room. He has 3 drywashers and nothing else for prospecting/md'ing in the store.

Asked him about md ideas in the area and clubs. He says a couple clubs have the area parks hunted out. I asked about the silver state md club and he tells me they are a bad club with bad leadership and that he and a buddy tried to take it over and were kicked out. He said they started their own club and now have all the members from ssmd. He then tells me to go hunt the hills. Asked him where and he said nothing.

I understand not giving out your secret spot. But if you want to makr any money instead of sitting in your empty shop you might try helping out a fellow hobbyist. I was actually in the market for a couple gold pans and possibly some local literature. Frankly dude I wouldn't buy a minute of your time.

Zero customer skills. Zero personality from a fellow hobbyist. I hope someone opens a real store in the area.

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, there are a few like that. It used to be better. We even had gold shows here, but not anymore.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about that. We are 80 miles from Reno and don't do much around there. If your ever out this way again, there are some placed that are about 50 miles from Reno I could recommend in the future. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread