ANYONE LIVE IN SOUTHERN NH?

treasurechicNH

Sep 30, 2008
Southern N.H.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex + Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for a group of people to detect with in NH I live near Dover. I am a member of GSTHC but most of its members are far from my location. I am a Less than middle aged woman and prefer to start out with a few people rather than an individual person unless a woman as well ( you all must understand my caution this day and age) I get cold feet searching alot of places on my own, I love cellar holes, farms, beaches, heck, anywhere! but tend to stay close to roads and such as venturing into the deeper woods alone is not smart for anyone. I am no rookie, I take the hobby very seriously I am a people person and love camaraderie, So if you have room for one more in your group PLEASE drop me a line, Fall is here and the best time of year as far as I am concerned!

Attachments

• image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,182

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I'd be glad to be involved. I live in Dover NH, and am well known here on Treasurenet... if we find more participants I hope a group of us can catch up! I grew up in Durham and know of some great potential sites there as well as in Dover.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there - I'm in Londonderry and would enjoy getting together with a few folks closer to myself as well sometime. Unfortunately, although this would be an excellent month to hit some farm fields and such, I have too many things going on to get away plus will be taking a 2 week vacation in Arizona.

If there's any chance of getting together in early November, I'd still be up for it.

I also do winter hunting on the ocean beaches now and then depending on whether a storm comes through and "opens up the vault," so I'll be available for that as well.

I'll check back here frequently in case we set anything up.

jadewhiskey

Mar 16, 2005
New Hampshire
I am right next to Rochester - so, I am very interested... Haven't been out much this year - but, I just asked permission to hunt at a chruch here in town - waiting for the OK... Would love to go hunting... Same situation here - female. I was asked to go do a couple beach hunts - but, got nervous... Didn't know the person...

I saw that there were a couple treasure hunting groups around - but, they seemed to be on the other side of the state.

NHBenz has been out here alot... He seems like a good person to go out with. I haven't met him personally - but, we have talked via email a couple times...

Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.

YoungGunTHer

Apr 28, 2008
Portsmouth NH
Detector(s) used
MXT
When you guys go please call me, I sent NHBENZ my number. I'm 27 and my friends laugh at me for this sport. >:( I roll alone always. Plus with hunting season going on it might be better to mob 4 or 5 deep. :icon_pirat:
Young Gun (Portsmouth)

OP
OP
treasurechicNH

treasurechicNH

Sep 30, 2008
Southern N.H.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone I was so happy to see that people are interested in getting together! First off does anyone have a good place that we could all go to, that hopefully has never been searched? We all agree to stay pretty local which is easy enough. so far we have a Portsmouth person, Rochester, Dover and myself from Madbury, and as far as I can see 2 gals 2 guys seems even to me! O.K. so lets place our replies on this topic for now, that way if we get any other interested people they will see we are serious, after a few days I will send my phone number to each of you via private message , And you all may do the same, that way we can talk to each other first, decide on a good place for a first hunt, and meet there. We have a short window before winter,( although I hit the beaches in the winter) but this is the best time of year for detecting in my opinion! This will be a fun and rewarding oportunity for us all!

YoungGunTHer

Apr 28, 2008
Portsmouth NH
Detector(s) used
MXT
We could start at one of the many fair grounds in NH, I know that Deerfield has a no metal detecting sign posted but, there is Rochester, Stratham and Topsfield. I just came back from some cellar holes deep in the woods of York ME, and the skeeters were too thick for comfort. So anywhere but the woods is good for me, just for a bit.
Young Gun

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all...I am also a member of a Maine metal detecting site and we have few members in our forum from NH as well as some from Southern Maine nearby by all of you. You can PM me and I;d be happy to send you a link.

OP
OP
treasurechicNH

treasurechicNH

Sep 30, 2008
Southern N.H.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we definately have some very interested people! Awesome! what we need now is a good place to meet and hunt that will be easy, yet have good potential, to break the ice and get to know each other, I figure after a couple ice breaker hunts we can get into some woodland cellar holes etc. that we can find some great artifacts, I dont know about the rest of you but my favorite hunting is older sites. but the beach, parks etc. work for me as well, So those of you with some good ideas of potential places post them here and then we can talk in person over the phone and decide on a day to meet, I think a Sunday is best, I unfortunately work alot of Saturdays. Cant wait to see the ideas!

Fozzy

Dec 11, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and Classic III
I'm in Mass. on the Pelham, NH border.

I'd be interested in a group hunt- large or small. I'm 48 and everyone I hang with thinks I'm nuts too. I usually roll alone also! :icon_jokercolor:

I have some potential sites too. Let's get something going!

OP
OP
treasurechicNH

treasurechicNH

Sep 30, 2008
Southern N.H.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more the merrier! We are just waiting to hear from some other interested people, There should be lots of response this weekend when we can all relax and come up with a game plan, so keep your eye on this topic daily!

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Actually, I'm going to have to be left out :( I've gotten myself into too many side projects that I need to get done before the snow flies. :( I hope to hear of great success and fun had by all! :)
PS -- sorry I've been out of touch lately, I just needed time to assess whether my work load would let me go have fun one of these days... but alas, it wont.

YoungGunTHer

Apr 28, 2008
Portsmouth NH
Detector(s) used
MXT
Whoops! Is today Sunday? Topsfield fair ends tomorrow does anyone want to hunt with me next Sunday, at the fair grounds. I will be there with or with out you. Good Luck today!
Young Gun

OP
OP
treasurechicNH

treasurechicNH

Sep 30, 2008
Southern N.H.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, what happened to everybody? It seemed we were on the right track to getting a few people together but i havent heard from anyone lately on this topic. I realize cold weather has already arrived but why not discuss plans for our upcoming spring! We have alot of time to plan a get-together, and at least the beaches are available all year round if you get itchy to get out and hunt as I always do. So lets talk more everyone! Lets post more interests on this topic....

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all - back from my 2 week trip to the Superstition Mountains of Arizona - had a great time hiking and exploring, but back to New Hampshire now.

Did you all find any time to get out together anywhere? I know it's getting cool and rainy, but the season's not over yet and as others said, there's always the ocean beaches.

Just wanted to touch base and see if anything was going on.

OP
OP
treasurechicNH

treasurechicNH

Sep 30, 2008
Southern N.H.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there and welcome back, a few of the people who were interested seemed to "dissapear" So I am going to see if anyone else replies soon. It may be that the early nights and cool weather have got some down, but I would love to do a beach hunt. I read stories of Spanish coins being found in the past at Seabrook beach, just over the bridge in Hampton apparently a ship must have sank near there. I have never searched there yet. I figure if we dress warm we could hit that area and theres always Hampton or even Rye which is close to Odiorne point, which goes WAYYYY back in History. Unfortunately the chances of finding gold rings is pretty tough withought the beachgoers. I prefer to find older items myself. I am thinking of hitting the beaches this Sunday if it does not rain Anyone interested in meeting up let me know, It would be a good way to meet and talk and Break the ice so that we all will be comfortable with eachothers company come Spring when the real hunting season begins! ;D

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurechicNH said:
Hi there and welcome back, a few of the people who were interested seemed to "dissapear" So I am going to see if anyone else replies soon. It may be that the early nights and cool weather have got some down, but I would love to do a beach hunt. I read stories of Spanish coins being found in the past at Seabrook beach, just over the bridge in Hampton apparently a ship must have sank near there. I have never searched there yet. I figure if we dress warm we could hit that area and theres always Hampton or even Rye which is close to Odiorne point, which goes WAYYYY back in History. Unfortunately the chances of finding gold rings is pretty tough withought the beachgoers. I prefer to find older items myself. I am thinking of hitting the beaches this Sunday if it does not rain Anyone interested in meeting up let me know, It would be a good way to meet and talk and Break the ice so that we all will be comfortable with eachothers company come Spring when the real hunting season begins! ;D

I'll keep next Saturday open for a beach hunt - don't think there's too much action out there right now, but I'm itching to get out even if it's just to find a little corroded clad :)

I'll watch the forum and we can touch base near the end of the week on a place to meet up if you want.

YoungGunTHer

Apr 28, 2008
Portsmouth NH
Detector(s) used
MXT
I'll hit the beaches with you come Winter, but till then the parks and play grounds are usually bare of people, and I think this is the best time to go. I found my record 59 coins today, and a couple of weeks ago I rode out to a uninhabited Island and found a 1806 half penny, best find yet. So hopefully I will see you guys this Winter.
HH
Young Gun

SteveP (NH)

May 19, 2003
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

I like to hit the beaches during the winter, once the ground freezes but I have to agree that this is the best time to hit some inland sites. I wouldn't mind getting together for some hunts though. Its nice to find some other people from southern NH. I used to be a member of the GSTHC but its a lot of driving to get to a lot of their hunts.

SteveP
Hampstead

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions