How about some tips and hot spots for a amateur from Candia

adaminnh

Oct 8, 2012
Franklin new Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello dirtminer. Im not really familiar with your neck of the woods but a great place to MD is on class 4 roads. They're only used for horses/atvs/sleds now but 150 years ago they were the main roads. Ive found real nice coins right in the center of the road(people most often rode their horses in the center) where I still havent found any coins at a cellar hole. Give em a try or im gonna get em one day LOL

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to the library of your biggest university, go to Special Collections and ask. They will help you.

OP
OP
Dirtminer

Dirtminer

May 8, 2012
Candia New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
A new Garrett AT PRO, Discovery 2200 and a Bullseye II pinpointer. Brand New Garrett pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info I live on a class 4 road that was discontinued 100 years ago

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pine%20island%20park%20jpSaxon.png

Manchester NH - early Pine Island Park showing swimmers and pavilion. Pre-1940.

building%20slide%20in%20Pine%20Island%20jpSaxon.png

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Manchester NH - the building of the Pine Island Park Roller Coaster, 1929.[/FONT]

?
PHOTOGRAPHS - History and Genealogy of Manchester NH at SEARCHROOTS

https://www.google.com/search?q=pin...Bw&biw=800&bih=437&sei=CwSPULS7A8uJ0QH9uoCoBg

https://www.google.com/search?q=pin...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirtminer

Dirtminer

May 8, 2012
Candia New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
A new Garrett AT PRO, Discovery 2200 and a Bullseye II pinpointer. Brand New Garrett pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are AWESOME thanks

Thguy77

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This site is private property and there is 24x7 security onsite. They will come after you. I talked to a guard I know there. Strictly forbidden.

10 years ago, they used to let you detect here but not any more. However, it does not matter much anyway as this place was detected out in the early 1990s.

BamofNH

Aug 20, 2007
Chester, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Tesoro Conqistador umax, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thguy77 is right. It is owned now by an Insurance company and they don't allow any trespassing at all. :BangHead:

OP
OP
Dirtminer

Dirtminer

May 8, 2012
Candia New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is old but the main park is where the insurance building is now however the actual park thats there now is next to where the pavillion was.The old steps are still there.I already hit that area but when the snows gone,give it a shot. Maybe you'll get lucky. Ive got a spot you could try when the snows gone thats near you. It might be interesting,I was planning on going there in the spring.Give me a Pm if interested.
Chris Reade

OP
OP
Dirtminer

Dirtminer

May 8, 2012
Candia New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's dig!!!

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up? Actually me and a buddy of mine are going out on Friday to bear brook off of old south road in deerfield. You're welcome to come, let me know.
Chris

bowser

Feb 27, 2007
SOUTH WEYMOUTH MA.
Detector(s) used
PRISM11 MXT IDX PRO TESORO COMPARDRE T2 se
Primary Interest:
Other
I know people living in Deerfield can you tell me more about that spot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread