33.3 KB · Views: 520

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
:D Gypsy, did you post that for me?! I grew up directly across the mill pond from that! (where my folks still live). The mill building was leveled before my earliest memories, but I used to mow the lawn for the folks that lived in the house in the background (which has now been modernized). I now live just five miles away, I'll get an updated photo very soon if I can.
It would be a great place to detect, but so far I've been shot down in detecting two different houses which are both diagonally across from this (on opposite sides of the river). One of those two can be seen (updated) here: http://www.threechimneysinn.com/
During the Revolutionary War there was a stash of gunpowder kegs stored there.
It was really funny to read the title to this... I thought "that can't be right?!"

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I sure hope you could hunt it and an updated photo would be great! And yes Benny,it was posted just for you!

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Here it is today (15 minutes ago), second photo is of the house that remains:

Attachments

• mill1.jpg
    mill1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 474
  • mill2.jpg
    mill2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 406

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Thanks for the inspirational photo Gypsy! I promise to inquire about hunting this site soon. -Benny

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Gypsy, I'm glad you posted when you did... there is now rumor in Durham of this dam being removed!!! This would be sad, as this would would make the Mill Pond in Durham disappear! That's what I grew up playing around! This is, as of yet, just rumored though. But I'm so glad I took those photos, just in case.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I just hope that you are able to get in there and hunt it....If they removed it ,that would be really bad...I am so really tired of people removing /destroying historical landmarks

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Great post and nice pictures of the area too!

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Another thanks going out to Gypsy! I used to travel around all over So. ME and N.H. looking for hunting spots. I remember passing by that area, back in the '70s that is.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread