Any Good Treasure Hunting in Mansfield, Hackettstown?

The_Rake

Nov 24, 2008
Welcome Phil,
I'm new here myself (about a month or so). I detect with a group in Monmouth county (BRAVO). We are based at the Monmouth Battlefield. Sometimes we are asked to do digs up north but mostly atthe battlefield. Good luck digging. Just remember the laws and private property and state lands.
Bill :coffee2:

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Any Good Treasure Hunting in Mansfield, Hackettstown?

Hi Phil,
My answer would be yes, I'm live in Wash., Warren County and I've been around there a fews times (public areas) not much luck, finding the usual stuff, clad/etc. but I know there is a lot of history in that area, unfortunately I think a lot of good spots are being sucked up by the retail/strip malls. Before I got into MDing there was a big farm area where the WalMart is now >:(, But my advice would be to keep your eyes open and try to get permission to hunt somewhere that looks promising. I commute through there during the week and occasionally will stop somewhere in that area on the way home, maybe I'll bump into you someday ?, good luck.

TommNJ

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
PhilGarber said:
Hi-

I'm new here.. Hi! :icon_sunny:

Anyway..

Are there any good treasure hunting sites in Mansfield, or Hackettstown? I live in Mansfield and love treasure hunting.

Thanks,

Phil

Many good sites there, but I am a bit too far. My few trips to that part of Burlco & Mercer have been very productive. Check my site for some photos of these finds.

Good Luck

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Hi Phil,
I know the weather has been bad but have you tried anywhere in the area yet ? What machine do you use.

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread