S jersey beaches

ballbuster

Sep 27, 2006
There are hundreds of wrecks along the Jersey Shore. One area called the Brigatine Shoals saw wrecks come right up on to the beach. One of the earliest was the British frigate Roebuck a 44 gun ship. It wrecked on the south end of Brigatine island. This ship dated back around 1780. There is at least 300 wrecks documented in this area alone. Most were broken apart on the shoals and were a complete loss. Others were pulled off the shoals and salvaged.

OP
OP
RJH02

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the info. Have any shipwreck relics been found lately by mder's? Just wondering what beach might be the best for that if it is even possible to find such a thing with the way they work the beaches now, Brigatine area? Cape May maybe?

ballbuster

Sep 27, 2006
I'm not aware of any finds lately. I think most finds would be kept quiet by most MD'ers. Your chances are just as good anywhere from Sandy Hook to Cape May. The coast is full of wrecks. How much relic end on the beaches is a question I can't answer.

Here's an example of what could be found. Some body already beat you to tis one. http://www.thesindia.com/main.html

OP
OP
RJH02

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
on the beaches , I am looking for anything really. I will be back in NJ next week if you want to try to meetup one day.

OP
OP
RJH02

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thursday, Friday morning this week around 10:00.... anyone,anywhere interested?

R

robbuckalew

The Sindia is actually buried about 25 - 30 feet beneath the beach between 11th & 12th Streets in Ocean City.

OP
OP
RJH02

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hmm,interesting. I will need a helper to mold the sand from the hole I dig into a big castle so we wont stand out,lol.

I am not really expecting to find any shipwreck relics just wondering if what beach would be the best? I'm guessing any of them.

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
There isnt much I know of on the beaches but the stuff that was dropped. I think the oc wreck is on 18th there was a sign there say you aren't allowed to dig there. I was going to do the same thing lol take the kids for a day at the beach

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread