Gloucester Co area spots?

JOFO17

Jun 20, 2009
Glo co
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good spots in Gloucester county? My sons and I have mostly been hitting the area around West deptford and National park because of the unlimited public access along the beaches. Plenty of newer coins and WWII military leftovers, but that's the problem. The Navy and Corps of Engineers left so much stuff along the shores and in the cove, we are constantly digging. I'd much rather spend my time sweeping an area and getting few hits then getting a hundred hits that are worthless junk and new coins. I think if we keep going like this my sons will lose interest in a great hobby. So if you have a spot you know of that has public access............I'd love to hear about it :icon_thumright:

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
hey i live in swedesboro area and had the same prob. and then i started researching some older places to hunt you live in a good area all you have to do is knock on some farmer doors and must will say yes i have had 4 yes and 0 no's did you try along the delaware river a lot of history

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread