Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Burlington County Parks: Metal Detecting Rules AMENDED 2/2011

Metal detecting is not permitted within 100 feet of any building or facility. Recovery tools may only cause minimal disturbance and digging may not exceed six (6) inches in depth. Disturbed areas must be restored to their original condition. Articles found that are of apparent historic or personal significance such as artifacts or jewelry must be turned into the nearest Burlington County Parks System office. Metal detecting is not permitted at Historic Smithville Park, the Historic Burlington County Prison Museum, or in or any maintained, landscaped area (including sod).

Last edited:
OP
OP
West Jersey Detecting

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
nkoconnell said:
Wow, does that mean that the Bass River is ok? Where did you get this info?

Thanks,
Nancy

Hi Nancy,

This info is from the Burlington County Dept of Recs Website Here :http://www.co.burlington.nj.us/upload/Parks/Images/BC_Parks_Rules_and_Regs_5-27-08.pdf

Bass River is a New Jersey State Forest and does not fall under the jurisdiction of Burlington County. If I am not mistaken, the rules there say metal detecting is allowed by permit only. However when you inquire with the state DEP about one, no one seems to know anything about such permits.

nkoconnell

Greenie
Mar 5, 2010
Little Egg Harbor, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for the quick response. I'll have to check that out - I'm on the extreme lower edge of Ocean County, with a few miles of Burlington to the south and then Atlantic. A lot of the Pine Barrens fall in Burlington.

Thanks!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
A few years ago I detected the old prison in Mt holly. The security guard on duty at the time watched me for about twenty minutes and looked in amazement at the stuff I was digging. Later after he left he came back and gave me a tour of the inside of the jail.

I would most likely be arrested if I went detecting there now. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread