Anyone here from NORTH Jersey?

Jersey76

Feb 21, 2013
Yep, I am from Northern NJ, specifically Bergen County in the Paramus/RidgeWood area. Problem is, i have an old antiquated metal detector that I'm not certain even works anymore. I'm gonna begin to save up some $$$ to buy a decent unit (doesn't have to have a ton of bells and whistles)
There are a few good parks here in Bergen County, as well as both old and new sports fields to check out. Hopefully one day, I'll be back at it again!!

greg1186

Dec 19, 2013
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like I got everyone beat for northernmost. I'm at the top of sussex county... Just 10 minutes from NY state border

RUSHFAN47

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bergen County,NJ

I looked through the Jersey people post and seems like most are from South Jersey. I am in Edgewater in Bergen County. If there are any others up here send me a message!

Bergenfield guy here!!
RUSH

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
Union county here and crap if that union county parks no metal detector thing isn't new to me, I have been to quite a few parks and even talked to cops when I see them before I head in.
Most don't seem to know if it's ok to detect when I ask, some don't care and of course some just say no if they are not sure, so I don't ask anymore.
Actually I don't even want to go to parks anymore, I am hoping to take trips out where I can hunt some old foundations or cellar holes along some old trails and find some colonial pieces.
I'm thinking of some upstate NY or out west NJ, maybe even Penn.

Ercanbas

Tenderfoot
Aug 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pompton Lakes here. New to this forum as well. Would love to meet up. Pompton Lakes is loaded with Revolutionary War sites.

Kype

Mar 4, 2019
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tejon/Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Border of somerset and hunterdon.

GeekNJ

Mar 10, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & MI-6, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Waldwick (Bergen County) and try to go on weekends, usually early in the day, once the weather is warm enough. I've mostly hit parks in the area. I've only hunted solo but if anyone is interested in meeting up within an hour or so of Bergen County, let me know. I use an XP Deus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread