Anyone want to start a Northern NJ club?

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Northern NJ (Bergen county). Most of the clubs are more than 45 minutes away from me. So, was wondering if there's anyone else on here that would like to get a small metal detecting club going in this neck of the woods. Thinking along the lines of every (2) weeks for meetings. Nothing formal, just a group of like minded individuals meeting up to share strategies, techniques, show finds, talk shop & have a good time. We can each serve a different function in the club so everyone has equal billing.

If I can get at least 8 to 10 people, I might just give it a go :thumbsup:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I join another club my wife will leave me...although that would mean more detecting time...no I can't.

I'm an officer in two different metal detecting groups so if you have any questions or just want to pick my brain let me know. I will right off the bat suggest only meeting once a month. With peoples schedules it is very hard for people to meet twice a month and that may keep people away. Plus you need to find a meeting place and it will be harder find a place and/or cost more to meet twice in a given month.

Good luck

NJ

MikE-Trac

Jan 4, 2011
make it happen joe!!! me and my father would be in.. i've been detecting a lot lately and since we will have some md down time in the near future (winter) it will be a good time to gather some northern nj troops and form a club!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread