Jersey Beach Hunters Machine Poll

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're rich and lazy, get a multi-frequency Minelab Excalibur.
Hey Terry, WOW! What's up with that unfair generalized remark?
I rarely ever see you post something hostile unless someone puts down Tesoro.
I'm neither of the above. I had to buy mine used just like most of my others. I just don't like digging iron out of the water if I can help it.
I don't get much time to go out, and I try to use my time as efficiently as possible. So to me it's worth the compromise, even though I may miss a valuable target or two in a hundred hits. I have never put down PI machines or especially Tesoro.
In lieu of your above hurtful and generalized comment I will however deduct 3 demerits from your score for the Morse Code thing! :laughing7:

Mortarman, I don't understand the confusion. I got what you said the first time.
I say as far as this thread goes: I think you need to do a "Do-over!" :occasion14:

OP
OP
mortarman

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been debating answering this or just letting it go, but I just can't.....

You appeared to come out swinging from your second post. I honestly tried to help by providing you that link. Wasn't being snotty or condescending or whatever, honestly trying to help the best way I knew. Ace answered-cool beans, good answer. ticm asked a good question and on your post #7 you again came out swinging. That's when I had to point that I was as clueless as to why you were upset when we were just trying to help you. You then said that you just wanted to know what we used at the beach-didn't care about brand or type, just which one. Well, "which one" is the brand and type......now I once again appear to be in trouble because the questions you asked in post #14.
I also apologize that something this simple got so out of hand, but I would appreciate you looking at the situation from another point of view.

I apologize for all the misunderstandings I may have caused. Also for seeming short. The only excuse, which there is none, is I haven't been out MDing in quite a while I'm having withdraws,
Catobra, once again my screwed up brain got in the way of my typing. What I meant to say is that it didn't matter which brand or which type of metal detector.
I just hope in the future if I ever meet any of you guys you don't smack me with your diggers!

Last edited:

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never once smacked anyone with my detector, digger or supply bag, so unless you come upon me menacingly while "out in the field" there are no worries there : )

Sorry we got off on the wrong foot-hopefully we'll be swapping success stories about South Jersey in no time!

OP
OP
mortarman

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about giving Catobra a hug, but I'l buy him a beer anytime!....:occasion14:

I hate having make desicions. I think I may go with Sand Shark. I have a question for Terry if he's still lurking around. Do you find the 8" or 10" coil is better for everyday use? I'm thinking 8" is adequate.
My wife likes the 10". :laughing7:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
mortarman said:
I don't know about giving Catobra a hug, but I'l buy him a beer anytime!....:occasion14:

I hate having make desicions. I think I may go with Sand Shark. I have a question for Terry if he's still lurking around. Do you find the 8" or 10" coil is better for everyday use? I'm thinking 8" is adequate.

She most likely does not like being called a man. Or should I say being referred to as a him.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I only have a 8" - After five kids I wore it down a little.. :dontknow:

Seriously, the 8" slides through the water easily, and gives PLENTY of depth. I also think it is a touch more sensitive to smaller targets.

OP
OP
mortarman

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She most likely does not like being called a man. Or should I say being referred to as a him.

Man you lost me there! ???

And thanks Terry!

OP
OP
mortarman

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Catobra said:
What he means is that I am a woman : )

There I go again making an ass out of myself. I am sorry. I'd still buy you a beer though!

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There I go again making an ass out of myself. I am sorry. I'd still buy you a beer though!

It's cool-wasn't the first, won't be the last. I actually would have been more concerned had you agreed to ticm's suggestion......not that there's anything wrong with that : )

OP
OP
mortarman

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a nice email yesterday from the Avalon, NJ boro. I'm going there next month to stay a few days and of course do some MDing. I've never tried there so I emailed them to ask if it was allowed. I thought maybe I'd have to get a permit. Well the response was very nice
Here's the email:

Borough of Avalon, New Jersey: Avalon FeedBack

First Name: Scott

Last Name: *******

Mailing Address: *** ******* **

City: ***** ******

State: New Jersey

Zip: *****

textareaName: Hello, I would like to know if metal detecting is allowed on your beaches? Thank you!

Yes Scott, it is legal, have fun and enjoy!

------Original Message------
To: *******@avalonboro.org
Subject: Avalon FeedBack
Sent: Aug 17, 2012 6:14 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry. this is off topic but I couldn't resist
I'm Happy :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread