Hunting Buddy South Jersey

Frank in SJ

Mar 5, 2008
Buena, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Special Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello South Jersey Bill, Welcome back to the hobby. I am just a few miles west of you in Buena. Lets get together and do some detecting.

Kmatch7

Mar 24, 2013
New jersey
Detector(s) used
At pro
Bounty hunter quick draw
Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in glassboro area but let me know

CREEKGEEK

Oct 18, 2012
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in egg harbor city but my girl lives in williamstown so im out that way often

OP
OP
Can U Dig It

Can U Dig It

Feb 21, 2013
Mays Landing, N.J.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great. I can go hunting Thursday or Friday of this week. Send me a PM if anyone want's to get together.

Bill

CREEKGEEK

Oct 18, 2012
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your best bet is the beach no ones gonna bother you there. But if your like me u want the cool historical stuff-which is lacking at the beach. Do a little research and ask around. Asking to detect someones property is a good bet too. As a beginner though i would wait on that one cause youll prob be diggin trenches lol. I also like old overgrown woods and trails. Be careful with these also though. Do not hunt anything labeled a historic site, state parks and state forests. Some county parks will actually let u get a permit to hunt. Hope the info helps. Good luck

CREEKGEEK

Oct 18, 2012
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh and make sure to fill in your holes and take any trash you find with you

pristinelove89

Jul 30, 2013
Thanks for the advice, NightExplorer. My father and I have been going to the beach and haven't been finding too much. We own a garrett gti 2500 and Tesoro silver umax. They don't seem to do too well. I feel like I don't fully know how to use my machine. It's getting a little frustrating.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
school grounds, local parks and ball fields are good places to hunt usually.

CREEKGEEK

Oct 18, 2012
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just keep at it. It will come with time. I own a minelab explorer 2 and a tesoro cibola. I used to have a silver umax and a garrett ace 250. I love my explorer!! It works good at the beaches and ive taken the time to learn it. Garrett and tesoro make great machines but they arent the best for saltwater beaches. Try taking your detectors to a place other than the beach. I detected for years before i started making good finds and honestly i still dig false signals sometimes. If u have any more questions id be happy to help. Be patient and keep at it

pristinelove89

Jul 30, 2013
I'm wondering if I should detect in all metal mode in parks and ball fields. I feel like I might be able find deeper targets and older coins that way. Is this true?

CREEKGEEK

Oct 18, 2012
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never discriminate. Although i am guilty of listening for coin signals and ignoring other stuff sometimes

Biggreg84

Tenderfoot
Aug 15, 2013
South Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, I am new to hunting and using a MD. I am still trying to find what kind of MD i would like to get. Would it be possible to go out hunting with any of you? Willing to travel to shore if need be.

Rich Clifford

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2013
I live in Burlington county. Looking for a MD hunting partner! I just bought a Garrett AT Pro and have about 8 hours under my belt. Would like to find places to hunt relics and coins. If interested, give me a shout.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread