Need Hunting partner(s) in New Jersey
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2007
    NJ
    Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
    1 times

Need Hunting partner(s) in New Jersey

I live in Roselle, NJ.
    I am about a month into this hobby and my girlfriend is showing a lack of enthusiasm for MD'ing already.
    I bought an excalibur 1000 and an explorer SE and am burning up for some time on these machines so I could use a regular buddy to hunt with.
    Also, Jersey sucks for this hobby 'cause everything is illegal in this freakin horrible state, I hate it!
    I am planning on a relocation to a better state, long before I found this hobby and this just put the proverbial icing on THAT cake!
    So, I go down the shore on weekends but I also want to try some coin shooting if I can find some good maybe colonial or older sites that aren't "locked down".
    I could use some help and support.

Thanks,
    Chase

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    White's MX Sport, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    963 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Re: Need Hunting partner(s) in New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Kut2TheChase
    I live in Roselle, NJ.
    I am about a month into this hobby and my girlfriend is showing a lack of enthusiasm for MD'ing already.
    I bought an excalibur 1000 and an explorer SE and am burning up for some time on these machines so I could use a regular buddy to hunt with.
    Also, Jersey sucks for this hobby 'cause everything is illegal in this freakin horrible state, I hate it!
    I am planning on a relocation to a better state, long before I found this hobby and this just put the proverbial icing on THAT cake!
    So, I go down the shore on weekends but I also want to try some coin shooting if I can find some good maybe colonial or older sites that aren't "locked down".
    I could use some help and support.

Thanks,
    Chase
    Chase,
    Some of the best finds on this forum come from NJ. We are one of the first settled areas in the country. Just take a look at some of my finds, or Don of South Jersey's. You are in an area where if you look hard enough and do the research you will be rewarded. Here is one link you will find helpful. It is the Historic Map collection of Rutgers:

http://mapmaker.rutgers.edu/MAPS.html

us
    Jun 2007
    NJ
    1 times

Still could use a hunting partner or two.

us
    Mmmmm Popsicles!!!

Jul 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Garrett Ace 250 (10x14 Excelerator Coil) Garrett Pro-Pointer
    1 times

Where is Roselle, NJ? I am in South Jersey near Philly

us
    Jun 2007
    NJ
    1 times

Roselle is near elizabeth, close to newark, 20 minutes from the holland tunnel

us
    Feb 2007
    paterson nj
    discovery 2000 , ace 250 & x-terra 50
    613 times

im from paterson not to far from you just sent you my PHone # if you want call maybe we could set something up

Apr 2007
    New Jersey
    3 times

I'm near Montclair where do you hunt in Paterson? Near the great falls may be good but I dont know if garret mt.is open to MDing.

Jun 2007
    1 times

Hi, I'm in Keyport area by exit 117 of the GSP. Its about 20 minutes from you. I would enjoy a partner.

us
    Feb 2007
    paterson nj
    discovery 2000 , ace 250 & x-terra 50
    613 times

well if any body wants to go md'ing call me 973-341- 9557 just ask for jim

us
    NJ

Nov 2006
    Middlesex County, New Jersey
    Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
    237 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)

How is the hunt for a partner going? Toward the end of October I should have more time to detect since my daughters soccer season ends. If you are still looking for a partner I would meet up with you somewhere by us. I'm not that far from you..Exit 131.

NJ

Feb 2006
    Hunterdon County, New Jersey
    Whites, M6, Classic III, 5900 DI Pro Plus

Chase
    Im in Branchburg in Somerset County. Ive got a colonial site or two. I also think hunting by yourself can be a bore. Give me a shout if you want to hunt.
    Norm
    908 917 6965
    Whites M6, Whites Classic III ,Whites 59900 Di Pro plus, guess Im a Whites guy!!

us
    Aug 2007
    NJ
    EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
    120 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

I live down the shore, outside of atlantic city, ocean city nj is the closest beaches for me..so if anyones comming down, drop me a pm I will gladly hunt the beaches with ya..
    Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor  in the morning, satan shudders and says, OH CHIT, SHE'S AWAKE.

us
    Jun 2008
    Scotch Plains, NJ
    ACE 250, AT Pro, E-trac, Excalibur II, CTX 3030, Pro Pointer
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

hey that rutgers map site is a great tool to use! i did a bit of research for hunterdon county and dug myself a french colonial navy button from the rev. war period.

us
    My Find of a Lifetime!

Oct 2006
    Philadelphia Area
    White's MX Sport, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Teknetics T2 SE
    963 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Quote Originally Posted by marcus118
    hey that rutgers map site is a great tool to use! i did a bit of research for hunterdon county and dug myself a french colonial navy button from the rev. war period.
    I just posted something in the "General DIscussion" forum about research, so take a look. i am also going to be writing more on the subject. Congrats on your button!

Sponsored Links