Need Hunting partner(s) in New Jersey

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
I live in Roselle, NJ.
I am about a month into this hobby and my girlfriend is showing a lack of enthusiasm for MD'ing already.
I bought an excalibur 1000 and an explorer SE and am burning up for some time on these machines so I could use a regular buddy to hunt with.
Also, Jersey sucks for this hobby 'cause everything is illegal in this freakin horrible state, I hate it!
I am planning on a relocation to a better state, long before I found this hobby and this just put the proverbial icing on THAT cake!
So, I go down the shore on weekends but I also want to try some coin shooting if I can find some good maybe colonial or older sites that aren't "locked down".
I could use some help and support.

Thanks,
Chase

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Kut2TheChase said:
I live in Roselle, NJ.
I am about a month into this hobby and my girlfriend is showing a lack of enthusiasm for MD'ing already.
I bought an excalibur 1000 and an explorer SE and am burning up for some time on these machines so I could use a regular buddy to hunt with.
Also, Jersey sucks for this hobby 'cause everything is illegal in this freakin horrible state, I hate it!
I am planning on a relocation to a better state, long before I found this hobby and this just put the proverbial icing on THAT cake!
So, I go down the shore on weekends but I also want to try some coin shooting if I can find some good maybe colonial or older sites that aren't "locked down".
I could use some help and support.

Thanks,
Chase

Chase,
Some of the best finds on this forum come from NJ. We are one of the first settled areas in the country. Just take a look at some of my finds, or Don of South Jersey's. You are in an area where if you look hard enough and do the research you will be rewarded. Here is one link you will find helpful. It is the Historic Map collection of Rutgers:

http://mapmaker.rutgers.edu/MAPS.html

OP
OP
Kut2TheChase

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Still could use a hunting partner or two.

OP
OP
Kut2TheChase

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Roselle is near elizabeth, close to newark, 20 minutes from the holland tunnel

geo4472

Feb 19, 2007
paterson nj
Detector(s) used
discovery 2000 , ace 250 & x-terra 50
im from paterson not to far from you just sent you my PHone # if you want call maybe we could set something up

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
I'm near Montclair where do you hunt in Paterson? Near the great falls may be good but I dont know if garret mt.is open to MDing.

Tash329

Greenie
Jun 17, 2007
Hi, I'm in Keyport area by exit 117 of the GSP. Its about 20 minutes from you. I would enjoy a partner.

geo4472

Feb 19, 2007
paterson nj
Detector(s) used
discovery 2000 , ace 250 & x-terra 50
well if any body wants to go md'ing call me 973-341- 9557 just ask for jim

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How is the hunt for a partner going? Toward the end of October I should have more time to detect since my daughters soccer season ends. If you are still looking for a partner I would meet up with you somewhere by us. I'm not that far from you..Exit 131.

NJ

zootman

Feb 1, 2006
Hunterdon County, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites, M6, Classic III, 5900 DI Pro Plus
Chase
Im in Branchburg in Somerset County. Ive got a colonial site or two. I also think hunting by yourself can be a bore. Give me a shout if you want to hunt.
Norm
908 917 6965

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live down the shore, outside of atlantic city, ocean city nj is the closest beaches for me..so if anyones comming down, drop me a pm I will gladly hunt the beaches with ya..

HollandsBrook

Jun 27, 2008
Scotch Plains, NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey that rutgers map site is a great tool to use! i did a bit of research for hunterdon county and dug myself a french colonial navy button from the rev. war period.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
marcus118 said:
hey that rutgers map site is a great tool to use! i did a bit of research for hunterdon county and dug myself a french colonial navy button from the rev. war period.

I just posted something in the "General DIscussion" forum about research, so take a look. i am also going to be writing more on the subject. Congrats on your button!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions