Finding new buddy in Central NJ

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Fellows
I will be moved from MD to NJ in December, and, (after I finish with all my moving expenses, relocation etc.) I like to hoke up with some detecting club nearby Franklin and find a buddy who likes to detect into the woods and beach hunting. I love to detect into the water. I'm detecting since 1991, and I do any kind of hunting: relics, gold, beach, competition, coin shooting, cache hunting. Detectors I use: ATMAX, GTI 2500, ACE 400, Sea hunter Mark II, and two pin pointer. Also, I'm scuba diving certified, but I dive using a Hookaj equipment in low tide. The beaches I'm planning to hunt are Monmouth beach, Sea Bright or nearby. Finally, I'm member for 6 years of the Maryland free state treasure club at Essex, MD and M.A.R.S.

So, if you're interested, please, send me a PM.:icon_thumleft:

Thank you

(2nd post)

mollyk927

Apr 23, 2015
eastern shore of virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too far away to hunt with you, but are you aware that Franklin, NJ is the fluorescent mineral capital of the world? I was there many years ago...it was such fun! Only found one small specimen 100_1780.JPG but had a really great time! Hoping you find a hunting buddy (and wishing I were closer)!

OP
OP
Capt.Betances

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too far away to hunt with you, but are you aware that Franklin, NJ is the fluorescent mineral capital of the world? I was there many years ago...it was such fun! Only found one small specimen View attachment 1878890 but had a really great time! Hoping you find a hunting buddy (and wishing I were closer)!

:occasion14:

OP
OP
Capt.Betances

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too far away to hunt with you, but are you aware that Franklin, NJ is the fluorescent mineral capital of the world? I was there many years ago...it was such fun! Only found one small specimen View attachment 1878890 but had a really great time! Hoping you find a hunting buddy (and wishing I were closer)!

Gold?

Oct 1, 2018
Western PA, Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang on, are you moving to Franklin, NJ. Or are you moving to Franklin Township, NJ. It sounds like Franklin Township, because you said central Jersey. The famous Franklinite mines are in Franklin, NJ. They're about an hour or two north.

Oct 1, 2018
Western PA, Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang on, are you moving to Franklin, NJ. Or are you moving to Franklin Township, NJ. It sounds like Franklin Township, because you said central Jersey. The famous Franklinite mines are in Franklin, NJ. They're about an hour or two north.

Also, what kind of engineer are you? I'm studying mechanical right now.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread