New Jersey

Sheriff Joe

Greenie
Jan 27, 2008
New Jersey
Hello Everyone!

I am new to this hobby and this website. I was wondering if anyone had any potential spots to find relics, coins, etc. in New Jersey. It does not matter where in NJ I am willing to travel ;) I am very excited to get started in this hobby. It seems like fun and looks like it can bring very rewarding success. Thanks for baring with me!

Joe 8)

ballbuster

Sep 27, 2006
Welcome aboard TNet. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. By the time spring arrives there should be plenty of information to share.

Jim

OP
OP
Sheriff Joe

Sheriff Joe

Greenie
Jan 27, 2008
New Jersey
Thanks guys! I appreciate it! I really cant wait to get out there and start my hunting! I wouldnt mind doing it in the cold weather but my dad wants to go with me and he doesnt like the cold lol

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Sheriff Joe said:
Hello Everyone!

I am new to this hobby and this website. I was wondering if anyone had any potential spots to find relics, coins, etc. in New Jersey. It does not matter where in NJ I am willing to travel ;) I am very excited to get started in this hobby. It seems like fun and looks like it can bring very rewarding success. Thanks for baring with me!

Joe 8)

Joe,

I would start in your own backyard. That is how I accidentally got hooked. I had a detector lying around and tried it on the front lawn of my house (built in 1965). My first coin was a 1945 quarter. I have since found about 15 silvers and numerous Wheaties on my 1/4 acre property. I have also found relics going back to the mid 1800's, such as sleigh bells and spoons. There was always something before whatever is there now. IN my case there was a farm.

Go to your local library and look for historic maps and look for places with words like "grove" or "fairgrounds". I hope this helps!

OP
OP
Sheriff Joe

Sheriff Joe

Greenie
Jan 27, 2008
New Jersey
Re: .

Neil in West Jersey said:
Sheriff Joe said:
Hello Everyone!

Joe 8)

Joe,

I would start in your own backyard. That is how I accidentally got hooked. I had a detector lying around and tried it on the front lawn of my house (built in 1965). My first coin was a 1945 quarter. I have since found about 15 silvers and numerous Wheaties on my 1/4 acre property. I have also found relics going back to the mid 1800's, such as sleigh bells and spoons. There was always something before whatever is there now. IN my case there was a farm.

Go to your local library and look for historic maps and look for places with words like "grove" or "fairgrounds". I hope this helps!

Thanks so much! That helped a great deal!

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome Joe. To the net. My names Priscilla,and i live in warren county. What county of NJ do you live in?

Priscilla

OP
OP
Sheriff Joe

Sheriff Joe

Greenie
Jan 27, 2008
New Jersey
Hey there,

I live in Bergen but frequent in most northern counties and Ocean and Monmouth. Sometimes Cape May also.

coingairl300

Mar 17, 2008
Warren county NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheriff Joe said:
Hey there,

I live in Bergen but frequent in most northern counties and Ocean and Monmouth. Sometimes Cape May also.

Hi Joe

I have a friend that just moved up hear from bergen. She told me that it was a busy area.

Priscilla

HollandsBrook

Jun 27, 2008
Scotch Plains, NJ
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm guessing a good spot in north jersey (bergen county) would be the ramapo indian reservation in mahwah. i used to go to school up the street from there at ramapo college but never detected there, however have read some interesting stories about the area. I'm currently in central jersey and did some 'old map research'. turns out my town was a historic route between philadelphia and new york during the revolutionary war period. took a walk down to the creek by my house and dug a french colonial navy button from the rev. war! research prevails!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread