what town in new jersey do you live in ?

mrnavy2

Greenie
Oct 3, 2012
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab 505, Sleath Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I am new to this Metal Detecting. My brother plans on giving me a White XLT, but I am not sure if it is a good Detector. I have not seen it yet. I live in the Asbury Park area, and once I get this detector, I would like to hang out with someone and learn this new hobby.. Just keep in mine I am 63 years old.. LOL..
Thanks Steve....

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, I am new to this Metal Detecting. My brother plans on giving me a White XLT, but I am not sure if it is a good Detector. I have not seen it yet. I live in the Asbury Park area, and once I get this detector, I would like to hang out with someone and learn this new hobby.. Just keep in mine I am 63 years old.. LOL..
Thanks Steve....

You don't want to start with an XLT machine, get yourself a bounty hunter if you really want to detected with great results ! Get the 3" head for trashy areas!
Also Kellyco on the web or even Dicks sporting goods has them! About 250 I think?

Doc5934

Greenie
Nov 3, 2016
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Pinpointer(s)
Predator Tools Piranha shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warren County, Mountain Lake

Desiree82

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2017
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 & 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i Debbie, I live in Tuckerton and go thru Manahawkin everyday to drop husband off. Since we close do you know anywhere good to hunt. I new to it and have not one place to think of going. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a good day

Desiree82

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2017
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 & 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuckerton area. Anyone know where to go even to mess around or a good spots new to this.

Desiree82

Tenderfoot
Feb 2, 2017
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 & 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clamdigger I'm near that area also 20 minutes away and I have no clue where to go cuz I'm not familiar with that town I drove for two hours yesterday trying to find spots and could not you know any let me know please thank you

mrnavy2

Greenie
Oct 3, 2012
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab 505, Sleath Sand Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ocean Twp., Monmouth Ct. New to this hobby. Teach me your tricks. PM me.

I been researching the minelab 505 which I m interested in. Any feedback on this detector?

Thanks Steve

Last edited:

sandman03

Apr 14, 2013
treasurecoast fl
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also in the Medford/Marlton area, Hoot OWL to be exact if you are familiar with Christopher Mills Road near the Shanahan residence Earwolf one numerous arrowheads in the sand

JOFO17

Jun 20, 2009
Glo co
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm stil down here in Woodbury if anyone wants to get out and do some digging.

Crazyotto

Mar 31, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just signed up here. I'm in Holmdel and looking to get into the hobby. I'll be using the search feature to start with...

NJRedneck

Aug 31, 2014
Shamong NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Shamong. I am a member of the South Jersey Metal Detector Club. There are several members from the area - Tabernacle, Medford and Medford Lakes.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
back in my hippie backpacking days at the grand canyon in 75
we met two girls in a van from middlesex?
it was one of those dreamlike memories
their names were margarite? and laurie ( she was special)

nevets2968

Greenie
Feb 10, 2017
North Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Pro Pointer AT (well soon I'll have one.) Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202 w/ a diggit hori knife, oh and a Lesche Sampson T handled shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Northern New Jersey (near Oakland.) As for detecting I've been hitting up a local park near me ( lot's of clads!) and when the weather get's better...tot lots ( with a bounty hunter w/ a 4" nugget coil.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread