what town in new jersey do you live in ?

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,468

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
RMac1721 said:
Live in Monmouth Beach, NJ. Anyone up for hunting?

Hmmm your profile says Williamstown...Did you move recently? I am not far from there and would consider detecting with you in that area!

tedpank

Jun 16, 2006
Vero Beach, Florida
Grew up in the Irvington Area, if you want to talk about virgin areas to hunt, thats the area!
Only not to safe of an area! Retired from the P.D. some years ago and now live in Florida!

J.P.

Greenie
Oct 27, 2008
Medford, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
I just moved to Medford, NJ from Texas. I am very new to the area and MD'ing as a whole. I am interested in meeting some people close by who can possably show me around and do some MD'ing on the weekend.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
quaidmon said:
Oh yeah tell me about some places to hunt in Irvington. I'm 10-15 minutes away and would like to check them out.

If your going into Irvington I would make sure you are packing. I hunt in Newark and I would not want to get caught in Irvington.

NJ

Frank C

Sep 9, 2005
N.W. Az.
Detector(s) used
Minelab P.I., Nokta vlf.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in Toms River, I would not mind meeting up with someone I am faily new to detecting.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Anthracite31 said:
Woodbury (Gloucester County).

I don't get out much, but always welcome company!

Any bottle/privey diggers?

Welcome to the Forum Anthracite!! I havent detected much in GloCo, but I would love to explore the possibilities. Most of my detecting has been done in Burlco & CamCo. Here is a link to my homepage with some of my finds. : http://tinyurl.com/6zhu8e

woj

Jun 29, 2005
En Jay
Detector(s) used
DFX
N.J.THer said:
quaidmon said:
Oh yeah tell me about some places to hunt in Irvington. I'm 10-15 minutes away and would like to check them out.

If your going into Irvington I would make sure you are packing. I hunt in Newark and I would not want to get caught in Irvington.

NJ

I have often wondered about the MD'n situation in Newark, how are the locals? Do they pay much attention to you? There's one park I would love to hit, but wouldn't want to do it alone.
-woj

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
woj said:
N.J.THer said:
quaidmon said:

NJ

I have often wondered about the MD'n situation in Newark, how are the locals? Do they pay much attention to you? There's one park I would love to hit, but wouldn't want to do it alone.
-woj

I have never had a problem...knock on wood but there are two parks off the top of my head I would like to hunt but I don't because of safety reasons. I find that if you stay aware of you surroundings you can usually stay out of trouble. I only had one situation when I was in a desolate part of a park and there were two very shady characters by my truck so I just moved to an area that was closer to people but where I could keep an eye on the truck and just waited them out.

I don't usually hunt with partners which is not by design but because I usually don't know when I'll get time to hunt but if you ever want to give it a go in Newark just let me know. We'll see if we can hook up.

NJ

tr snyper

Dec 29, 2008
Pinebarrons I'm in Manahawkin and I have spots we can go also. I have researched South Jersey over 28 years. But I can't drive now do to a medical restriction.
Clamdigger do you hunt with a DFX? If so did you run into a guy hunting with a DFX at the lake in Manahawkin. That was me I was suggesting that you let me change your settings. I've been hunting for 28 years and can show you a lot of great techniques and areas. I hit Barnegat vary hard and have recovered a ton of coins and relics from Barnegat and Manahawkin. I just posted that wreath buckle in the what is it category last week. I took it out of Manahawkin with other relics and coins. I have a lot of machines including two Whites underwater machines. And I know were to find a lot of jewelry if you don't mind getting wet. Any one from around here that wants to go hunting or discuss sites feel free to send me a message. I just joined this forum and had no idea that there was so many people this close to me that wants to go hunting. I've worked the lake in Manahawkin hard these last two years so some one has to have seen me there. Not the beach but the RT.9 side. I have a canoe and I water detect this river "creek" every spring through summer leaving from a campground that I have a seasonal site in for 20 years. So I'll always be hunting somewhere.
It's a small world I even saw people from Manahawkin that posted before me. I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone hunting. I hope everyone doesn't think this area is hunted out because I'll make you guys upset that you didn't check this little old town out a little bit harder and I'm no where near done pulling relics and coins. Some one shoot me a message. Neil I didn't forget you. I'll set us up a good spot. I have to finish off this one site to see if I can recover the other half of that buckle I posted here and the DFXonly forum. So far I nailed three Indians, a V nickle, two Barber dimes, four mercs, one 1851 large cent, a silver washington, other buckles, old iron tools, two VERY old Eagle buttons different style and other goodies since I found the Wreath last week. All in the same spot trying to find the mate to the Wreath. And I have the other two sites I was hitting when I chanced accross the Wreath not really hunting. I was working on setting changes. In an old spot that I took one of the Rail Road tags from. I had one hell of a year this year.
Steve A

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread