what town in new jersey do you live in ?

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to MD'ing and would like to get some advice on where I should start my journey I'm from Galloway Township 10 mins from Atlantic City.

The DogFather

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RINGWOOD here! Always looking for a hunting spot. Contact me to go dirt fishing!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RINGWOOD here! Always looking for a hunting spot. Contact me to go dirt fishing!

I should think there would be a lot of good places around Ringwood, there was colonial activity in the area and a lot of old properties. I think there's another member on here or maybe the other forum from Ringwood. I'm just over the border in Rockland County, and eye Ringwood every time I pass by that way. See if your local historical society has any early map copies for sale and buy whatever they have. I'm sure there must be some old cellar holes back in those woods.

Joeyeyes415

Feb 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Lawrence harbor as well. Just got a detector and would like to go find some stuff sometime

Larrue

Tenderfoot
Jul 4, 2014
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Ordered a Garrett AT Pro. New to detecting.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in Gloucester County near Glassboro.

Can U Dig It

Feb 21, 2013
Mays Landing, N.J.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Misplaced,
I am trying to put a local group together. I live between Mays Landing and Hammonton. There is one other guy so far that I hunt with. You are welcome to join us. Reply or pm me if interested. See my original thread.
Bill

greg1186

Dec 19, 2013
Northern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone in north New Jersey (sussex, morris) wanna start a club? Or at least get some hunts going?

Helioboy

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2006
Hamilton, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a,Garrett Sea Hunter, Fisher 1280x, Tesoro Umax, Minelab X Terra 30 and Fisher F2, Fisher ID Edge.
Hi, I live in Hamilton NJ, right outside of Trenton.

lou2700

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2013
Hey Misplaced, I am trying to put a local group together. I live between Mays Landing and Hammonton. There is one other guy so far that I hunt with. You are welcome to join us. Reply or pm me if interested. See my original thread. Bill
Hi I'm from mays landing you still looking to put a group together?

Can U Dig It

Feb 21, 2013
Mays Landing, N.J.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Everyone,
There have been many replies from folks who like the idea of being a part of a local group of metal detectorist. I'm in the Mays Landing / Hammonton area. If interested send me a PM with a way to contact you, preferably your phone number and email address. I will contact you and keep a list. I will then set a day and time where we all can meet and get to know each other. Then at that point we can exchange contact information with each other (if you choose to) for future hunting. That's the beginning and opens the door for many possibilities like: always having someone to hunt with, group hunts, road trips, friendships with others in the hobby. We all know it is much more fun when you hunt with other people but it's hard to find other people to hunt with. This will solve that problem and make the hobby more enjoyable for all of us. It will be a totally informal group not a club. I am willing to do the work to put it together keeping everyone anonymous until we meet then it's up to you from there. If you like the idea send me a (PM) personal message.
Bill

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in North Wildwood on most weekends thru Labor Day.

NJSouth

Aug 22, 2014
Vineland NJ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Gloucester County near Glassboro.
Did my first 6 years on the job in Glassboro. Man how that place has changed.
I'm down just outside of Vineland now.

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bergen County here, Paramus area

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread