New member on Treasurenet

srf2112

Jul 5, 2010
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro w/DX-1, MXT 300 w/DX-1, Dual Field P.I., Excal II, M6, Garrett ProPointer, Pro-Gold HP's, Lesche and Predator force multipliers
Hello everyone,
I've been corresponding with one of your members (Tom in Ca) on another forum and he recommended getting on this forum. If it's half as helpful as Tom has been, I'm sure I won't regret joining. I live in Central Ca ( Santa Cruz ) and have been MD'ing for about 6 mo's. I've pretty much just been a land hunter ( MXT and QXT currently ) but am very interested in getting into wet sand/water hunting. That's why I've been communicating with Tom. I recently picked up a couple of machines for that purpose (Surfmaster PI and BHID 300 ) but have yet to try them out on my beaches to see how they do for me here. I'll be on here looking to learn and hopefully meeting some other hunters in my area ( water and land ). If you're in or hunt my area feel free to contact me. I have not been able to find ANYONE to join me in enjoying this incredible craft. Thanks in advance to all and good luck.
HH
Scott

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-Net Scott. You won't regret joining, there is a ton of knowledge on here! :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet Scott !

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Welcome to Treasurenet. The rules here are quite simple: send me 20% of all your finds, and there won't be any problems. Others on this forum charge 30% to hunt, so consider this a good deal ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave: Scott

welcome53 (3).jpg

Attachments

• welcome53 (3).jpg
    welcome53 (3).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 380

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any friend of Tom's is a friend of mine :occasion14:

Picture1.gif

GG~

Attachments

• Picture1.gif
    Picture1.gif
    39.2 KB · Views: 440

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Srf,
You can't go wrong here on the Tnet! That is unless you go it alone. A very diverse group yet ALL going in the same direction. Some are a little more agressive than others but you will learn from all. Welcome aboard! TTC

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that Tom wants 20% of your finds. I am a poor man trying to get by. so I will only ask for 10% of your finds. So this way you can still keep 90%. Welcome to Tnet hope you do great there on your beaches.
Have you try posting in the state section.at the bottom of the home page. You just may find someone there. Good luck in your hunting and we will be watching for your posts.....Matt

OP
OP
srf2112

srf2112

Jul 5, 2010
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro w/DX-1, MXT 300 w/DX-1, Dual Field P.I., Excal II, M6, Garrett ProPointer, Pro-Gold HP's, Lesche and Predator force multipliers
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Tom, as far as your 20%, that sounds totally reasonable BUT you'll have battle with my 2 teenagers for any of that. (Darn kids are convinced they were born rich...unlike their father) My offer still stands for some good Santa Cruz hospitality and BBQ (O.K. it's California so it's GRILLING) for you and your hunting bro's just for all the help and advice you've given me already. I don't drink but if you let me tag along on a hunt also, I'll pop for cold beers all around ! Thanks again all.
HH
Scott

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
ok scott, watch those swell/surf/tide links I gave you. Whenever you get consistent south, or SW swells at 4 ft. or more, combined with 5.5 or higher high tides, drop me a reminder and I'll let you know if the conditions merit that trip north for us south-bay hunters.

Other factors that help, would be on-shore wind, lengthy duration of ingredients, higher tides, higher swells, etc... Counter-factors would be: N or NW swells nulling the effects of the south direction, etc.... In any given summer, there'll be a few times that correct ingredients combine to do some eroding on your south-facing beaches.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ummm what is the point of commenting on a 6 year old thread?
someone has waaaay too much time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread