Greetings from the Last Frontier!!

philinchio

Dec 24, 2010
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster Pro
Hello T-Net! My name is Phillip and I come from the 49th state way up north. I just recently stumbled onto this site and immediately got hooked after reading several of the amazing finds from the "Best of" thread. I hope that one day I might be able to make a find worthy of being placed in that section.

I collect both coins and classic video games. Most of my coins were found either lying on the ground, forgotten in the return slots of vending machines or coinstars, or hiding in gaps in self-checkout machines. So far I've found about $40 in coins of various denominations, even a few $1 bills and an Ike coin, in the span of about four months. Of course that means most of my finds aren't very old, although I have found a few wheaties, some 59's, and a silver dime, so there's still some hope for finding older coinage. I'm going to branch out into roll hunting and see where that takes me as well.

As for video games, sure they may not be old enough to be considered "antique" or "treasure," but if you know where to look and what to look for you can score some great stuff. Case in point, I bought an original Nintendo system with seven games for $40 from a Craigslist seller. One of the games included in the bundle, Bubble Bobble Part 2, is a very hard to find late release title that is worth over $100 loose. I also got in the lot Mega Man 3 and the first Zelda game which are worth around $20 each as well. Who says treasure has to be only silver or gold? Best part is you can actually play with your finds instead of slabbing or storing them. Pretty much everything I've found over the past year has been from thrifts, garage sales, and CL here in Alaska.

Anyways, I'm glad to be here. Hopefully I can learn from some of the veterans here and perhaps inspire others to get out there and hunt for retro gaming treasures. :)

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Welcome from Colorado. I was stationed at Ft Richardson back in the mid 80's loved it up there. About the only old game I like is Galaga which they still have at the theater here I used to spend hours playing that game. Would love to get a console of it one day but they go for about 5 grand

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Phillip

welcome53 (3).jpg

l_santa.gif
Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• welcome53 (3).jpg
    welcome53 (3).jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 67

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
Welcome aboard from another former Fort Rich troop . I was with the original Charlie Airborne in the 60's . Lose that winter and I wouldn't mind moving up there . Are you familiar with www.akmining.com ? They are in your neighborhood and can help you with ALL your prospecting needs .

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome! My nephew has been up in your neck of the woods for a while, headed for Healy and Wasilla!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions