Got No Home Anymore

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
I'm a survivor from New Orleans, Louisiana. Guess y'all seen Katrina, the BP Spill and the flooding on the news. Not much left of New Orleans. Probably won't take much more than a strong category two hurricane to finish the place off. Headed West with little more than the shirt on my back. Even though i lived close to New Orleans, i'm an outdoorsman by nature. Got a 9 X 7 tent, backpack, camping equipment, a gold pan and a rifle. I'd like to find a creek somewhere with a little color left in it where i can camp, hunt and fish without seeing another living soul for months. It would be nice if there was a little town within about 20 miles where i could come out a couple of times a year for a restaurant meal, clean sheets and supplies. I'm 54 years old, i've got about another good ten, fifteen years left in me. I don't want to spend it in any city. Any suggestions ?

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
you're right maybe he got ate by a bear ? i was gonna say how lucky he was to not see another living soul for months. but dont animals have souls ? maybe he's findin so much gold he doe'snt have time or just dont want everyone to know how lucky he's been

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
G.R.Y.S if you did'nt make it. i hope your havin better luck than me if you did

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Mi Tommy

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope to see some great posts from ya also

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went down to Orleans after Hurricane Katrina hit. Tried to be supportive. A lot of people helped us after 911 and Hurricane Sandy. That was while I was living in NYC.
The one thing that was constant during the tough events that I couldn't control or cause was the fact that I had a job.
Instead of running off to live in the wilderness, do you think that maybe you should get a job??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions