Hi Yall new member from Louisiana

WingNut47

Greenie
Jun 18, 2011
Eunice, La
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D coinmaster
Hi Ya'll new member from Louisiana

Hi Y'all I have allready posted a couple times but thought I would Post here where I should have allready. My name is Tim I am retired and 64. I have had this MD for 20 some years a Whites 5000D coinmaster. I had taken it out a couple years ago but it wouldn't pick up anything below ground so I put it back in the closet and it has been there since about a week ago. It had been raining and I was doing some spring cleaning and cleaning out the closet and grabbed the old White and was going to chuck it out But decided to check it out one last time. I cleaned the connections for the battery, they had a little corrosion on them bought New batteries and headed out to the front yard. I set the tuner to threshold the GB to 2 the sensitivity to max volume all the way up and Discrimination to7 and dis to dis. Well to my suprise the ole Girl still worked I found around $1.70 a old match box car and a tun of junk. She has been finding coins and a 10k gold nugget ring but I have been noticing the dryer the grounds gets the harder it is to keep it from going hay wire. It eather has No tone at all or it chatters so much you can't tell if you have a target or not. I still have the book that came with it so I will do some reading and work on the GB and sensitivity Hopefully that will solve the problem. I am only doing parks and around schools and yards for now, open fields are a little over whelming to me, such a big area. guess that is where research comes in. Well guess I have rambled on long enough, Y'all have a Great day and Happy Hunting.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Hi Ya'll new member from Louisiana

Welcome to T-Net Tim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread