newbie 2 this site but i joined cz i chanced upon some amazing stuff I cant ID

zucchini

Tenderfoot
Nov 4, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im hoping to learn alot from this site as I've been unable to figure out some stuff I have been finding. I'm australian but I work in a couple of countries in South east asia. Earlier this year I packed my detector and took it with me to fill in some weekends after work. I was fairly lucky to discover a site about 5 km from the coast, its thinly populated and 3 hours drive from my worksite. I have been finding Gold strips, like flattened pieces of gold, for some months then some jewellery started to turn up. At first i thought it was a one off when I found some heavy gold bands, but then working in the river in the same place turned up a ring with a setting for a stone but no stone in it, it was different to anything I have seen before, and as a bit of a novice I had no way of understanding what I had found.
I went back there last week and another ring turned up but this time the ring still had its stone. I was bloody excited I can tell you! But this ring is weird, I can see its old and rough looking which may indicate its age. I am completely out of my depth to understand what I have found. I have a feeling/hope more things will turn up. I found a small broken chain a few k's from the ring area. I think the chain looks modern and does not necessarily come with the rings I have found. I have added a pic. I dont know the best place to put this request for help in educating me about my finds. I have a feeling more things might turn up in the area but I'm trying to keep a low profile and I may not get back there for a few weeks coz I've returned home until early december.
Any comments that may help me understand the site I am working would be great!

Attachments

• DSCF7393.jpg
    DSCF7393.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 780
OP
OP
Z

zucchini

Tenderfoot
Nov 4, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thx guys, i have already moved pics and request to your suggested area. Thanks for the welcome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread