another new one from wisconsin

427mike

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, yes we have snow. It just makes it a little harder to dig! Well I use a minelab xs and it's just a great detector wish i could have it serviced its getting old just like me. Would like to know more about the new line of minelab detectors and more than what i read. Well i Love old car's just looking at a 1963 merc s-33 just for a winter project for me and my boy. He just turned 16 this year. So it's time to give him something to do over winter and in the summer he'll have a great classic car that you don't see a lot of.Well back to my best hunt.2 years ago at a old church/school house from around 1910,11 or 12 right next to a pine tree i found a 1919s walking liberty quarter.It looked like it was just minted that day.So i went on line to see the price and in great shape it was up there so i took it to the coin man and as i was waiting one of the customer's asked to see it so i showed him well he asked me why i had cleaned it. I told him it just came out of the ground.So when i got to the counter dan the owner asked the same thing and he said it was only worth around $80 buck's and i know that they say stuff like that to get it cheaper. So i left and took it to an older man that collects coins and he said it to. so we sat and talked about it and all we could figure out is that the coin must have been etched by the acid in the old rotting pine needle's. So if this has happend to any of you tell me.Well have to go glad I'm a member now see ya.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Mike

MG_280.gif
Merry Christmas

pirate_treasure_map (4).jpg

Attachments

• pirate_treasure_map (4).jpg
    pirate_treasure_map (4).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 264

Cable

Dec 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
mxt, dfx, gmt,f75ltd, f5, gold bug, bhid
One more from northern Wisconsin----Cable We have quite a few from really close by--should all get together. Also a Whites and Fisher dealer---vey small one lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread