Greenhorn from Wisconsin

Jan 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
Another new guy from Wisconsin here. I've been thinking about getting into detecting as a hobby. I realize there are oodles of info out there for a new person to research, but I was hoping some of you could suggest the best references so I don't have to cut through a lot of reduntant info. I don't own a detector and I'm not sure I live near any places that are worth hunting in.

Bottom line is I need all the info I can get from the best starter detector to anything else that would encourage me to persue this as a new hobby.

Thanks in advance!

Bryan

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Bryan

I would suggest reading as much as you can on TNet & check out the WI page...I'm sure you will find some helpful information there too.

TreasureNet.JPG

Attachments

• TreasureNet.JPG
    TreasureNet.JPG
    8.2 KB · Views: 271

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007
I suggest an ace 250 from garret.
Lots of stuff in Wisconsin.People have been losing stuff out of there pockets for over 150 years

Feb 28, 2012
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garret
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a metal detector, it depends on your budget. If you can, go at least for a digital with depth finder. It is nice to know how far you have to dig sometimes. What all are you looking to search for and what areas are you looking to go? If you are looking to get dropped change and maybe a bit of jewelry, beaches and playgrounds. Sand and wood chips are your best friend since you just brush back over the hole and don't have to worry about anything growing back so they are good places to start. What area of wisconsin you from?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread