Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Moregame

Jan 20, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all I'm new to the site just going through all my coins to see what's what I have so many coins they have problems and I have a lot of old coins I have decided to stop having them graded because they keep saying they are cleaned and it's not it's just that they have been stored so with that being said I am eager to lean what I have and don't have of value. Glad to be a part hopefully this is posted in the right spot I'm kinda of new to this😁

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all I'm new...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Jan 22, 2017
Rifle Ranch, Polk Ark.
Detector(s) used
Whatever the task at hand requires. Various hand held and Geophysical Survey Equipment.
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Greetings Fellow Money Hunters...
This page is supposed to be for New Members. Well, I may be one of the oldest members of Mark's Treasurenet. I spent some time on here when it first launched in the 1990s. I left the forums when it became impossible to get a word in edgewise due to so many know it all forum members who made a hobby of just replying to each and every post. Those people were always the experts and found fault with about every post made by my associates and myself. So we abandoned the forums around 2000. I have lurked occasionally since but have not posted.

Now I'm getting old and have time on my hands. I'm kept at home caring for Miss Linda who is not doing so great. Up until about 2005 or so most everyone active in treasure and attended treasure shows met my wife and treasure partner, Miss Linda. Many of the friends she made still call or write her. Around that time she took a bad fall and broke two discs in her back which ended her mountain climbing and hiking. Now she is suffering with Parkinson's and seldom gets out of the house. So our treasure hunting is really curtailed. We still direct field work carried out on some of our private treasure projects.

I returned to TreasureNet for one reason, to try and pass some 67 years of treasure lore on to others less experienced.
Those of you that know me will vouch for the fact I have never attempted to fish for information from anyone. Nor have I ever tried to make money selling anything but my published books. Nobody can say I ever tried to con anyone to invest in our treasure projects. We have used our own money for all of our work. For a few years we held a fall treasure school for invited guests at our old family homestead on Brushy Creek.Those who attended paid for only their food. We supplied everything else needed. One day I'll post a list of all those who came to Arkansas to spend time with me and learn a few tricks. Those names will surprise you.

I won't do a lot of posting on here but I'll drop in from time to time to see what is going on.

Kind Regards,
Bob (Hillbilly Bob) Brewer

knothappy

Jan 23, 2017
Sparta, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just joined, from Michigan, plan on trying my hand at (shallow) underwater detecting. Just starting out, and was hoping to get some input on who likes what metal detector for underwater, salt or fresh water. I will retire to Florida in a couple of years, and would like to get started on purchasing equipment. Thanks!

jakester

Jan 24, 2017
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. New to Tnet. I am from east Mississippi. Metal detecting rookie but love it.

Wasabi-wasabi

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I'm Wasabi....new to the treasurenet. I'm looking forward to reading about all of your hunts and findS :)

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings and Salutations all. Michigander here.

Just joined moments ago but have been getting my fingers and knees dirty for decades in all forms of treasure hunting and discovery. My first detector was a whites TR-gold master mineral&metal detector. I belonged to a club called Treasureland recovery team sometime before electricity I think.
I've owned all manner of detectors over the years but my long time workhorse is the Fisher 1080X underwater. Maybe this year I'll go brand new.

The 1080x paid for itself in two years, not counting all the found property I returned to owners.

In closing, I've never been overseas, but would love to do it. I've been involved in law enforcement search and recoveries as well. Also enjoy Geocaching.
Actually anything outdoors and research and find is all good. Prospecting as well.

Got a knack for sniffing out BBQ's and good steaks too.

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome. The site is great! Because the people are great!

Butain

Jan 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all. I am having to move to a smaller home which means I have to look at divesting some of my prized possessions, Am I able to post photos on this site for people to advise me of the heritage of the pieces. I have a Vase that has been in the family for many years that I cannot find its mark. Any advice would be greatfully accepted. I live in Australia now but the vase came with me from New Zealand.

Fox Hound

Jan 29, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy y'all. I am a newbie that loves exploring the national forest that surrounds me in Arkansas. I have been seeing some rock writings, faces, and animal shaped statues, point trees, unknown rock covered graves...and I am here to learn all that I can. Thank you for the add. I have already learned enough from this forum to admit that I am addicted and look forward to learning more : )

Deuss

Jan 31, 2017
virginia
Detector(s) used
AT Pro Fisher F5 Fisher F75 and now the deuss
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I am also new to this site. I love to metal detect and live and farm on a camp and battlefield.Can't wait to post some of my finds to show and tell.

PullTabSlayer

Jan 31, 2017
Troy Missouri
Detector(s) used
That one I grab for the day.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like this is were I start?
From Missouri, I have been metal detecting for about 10 years or so, not as dedicated to it as I see many of you all are but I defiantly do enjoy it.
I tell people that ask its kinda like Christmas, when you get that solid hit, you dig in for the prize.
Just got my youngest daughter a metal detector so we will be digging the dirt a lot this year, I hope!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread