Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi y'all im from northern california shasta county...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

kensco

Feb 16, 2018
Northport, WA
Detector(s) used
!! BH Tracker IV !! ;
Tesoro Silver Max ;
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all,

I've visited the site many times over the years and have found some useful and entertaining reading.

Based on a post here I bought my second detector, a BH Tracker IV, at Hobby Lobby with a 25% off coupon for the sole purpose of modifying it. And I wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. I inverted the guts of the processing unit and mounted it under the support arm, replaced the foam grip with a contoured bicycle grip, snipped the wires to the analog meter, and sprayed the coil with truck bed liner.

The mods were fun to perform and beneficial - mounting the processor unit under the support arm really improved the balance of the thing. And performance-wise; it ran circles around my Garrett Ace 250 - which has been residing in its box for about the last five years now. I'm warming up to the Tesoro Silver Max, but the BH is easily my fave.

I retired from a job in the Dallas area, in the summer of '15, and moved to the northeast corner of Washington State 7 miles south of the BC border (Hello Rossland and Trail!). I joined the Lions Club & a dart league and started hosting home poker games to meet the neighbors in this small town of about 300 people. One of the Lions members, who also plays in my poker game, is an elderly gentlemen whose family has lived in the area for many generations - and as luck would have it, he has a metal detector and enjoys using it! I'm looking forward to the spring thaw!

I figured I should register now to unlock all the features of this site and see what's been laying under the surface.

I won't be a prolific poster, and this will be far and away my longest post. But rest assured I appreciate the depth of information this site has to offer and will continue to be a frequent visitor!

Dirtblazer

Greenie
Feb 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings to all, I'm another newbie to this site looks interesting and informative. I've been dabbeling with metal detectors for a long time.. Always looking forward learning more about this fascinating hobby. Good luck to all.

rustycap

Greenie
Feb 18, 2018
Wakefield, MA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Bounty hunter tracker iv, Garrett sea hunter mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody, I've been metal detecting for a couple years now and have read some great stuff here so thought I would join. I do most of my detecting in Massachusetts but also some in Connecticut.

bkilus

Feb 28, 2018
Antioch
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI All, I am new to the site and have had a detector for several years but until recently I have not had any real opportunity to use it at any length. Now that I am retired (History Teacher and Army) I will have more time to explore. I have visited this site before but know that the experience the members have can be helpful to a new old guy starting out. I like the thrill of the hunt and am interested in all kinds of detecting. Any hints for a gut starting out-where to start, things to watch out for lessons learned etc.. I live in Northern Illinois but can travel all over as my whims dictate. Any ideas as to local areas in your home towns that worked for you that I might start out with would be great. Thanks for the admission to the site. BK

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! 🙋 Where in Illinois? I'm in Lee County.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello members! I have just joined the group. Looking foward to having useful I formation about treasure hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Kmack

Mar 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I just signed up to the forum. I think I am on the correct forum, but maybe not? If I am in the wrong place, sorry. I am in Northern California and found your forum while trying to identify an item I have. I have a lot of family items, and odd "things" I find at estate at sales, and on some properties that I have access to, but nothing that is searched with a metal detector. Mainly odd looking tools.
This is more of "barn finds" which is mainly tools or equipment. Odd things that may be old and outdated, or not so old but I just don't know what they are.
Am I in the right palce?

Thank you

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting