Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Misha

May 5, 2019
Bethlehem PA
Detector(s) used
I just got my very first metal detector GARRETT AT PRO 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello! my name is Misha and I have never used a forum in my life. I am new to metal detecting but I would love to find friends who would like to hunt and also a mentor to teach me. I have a metal detector (don't know what kind) and a pinpointer. i would like to go to a metal detecting coin hunt but they seem out of my price range at the moment. i have not been able to find any club or group in my area.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! my name is Misha and I have never used a forum in my life. I am new to metal detecting...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Misha from another resident of the great state of PA! Take a look at Forum: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to the great state of PA.

Bubbanewf

Jul 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for members in the Crossville TN area to hunt with. Been into it off and on for 40 years and finally have time to do more detecting. Anyone wants to get together let me know. Once i get searching again and come up with new place to hunt I will share with partners. thanks. Bubbanewf

Picacho Peak

Jul 30, 2019
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just joined today. Have been watching the forum and posts for awhile and decided to join. My main interest is metal detecting on the old butter field stage coach trail. When I was a kid we would go and explore the trail which was cut deep into the sand. Now days it is extremely hard to follow the trail or even find it because of the blowing sand and vegetation. The newer metal detectors help by finding the really deep items which allows mapping the old trail.

As soon as I figure out how to use the forum and post I need to post a picture of a small (1x2x3 IN) metal box I dug last weekend. I carefully separated the rusted cover and opened the box. It was full of old time sawdust with two small black one inch cylinders. I need help with identification. Maybe old time blasting caps, I just don't know.

Thanks for the forum -- look forward to being a member.

Seek_N_TrZr

Jul 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi.

I'm probably going to be semi-retiring to NC in the next few months, or so. I'm looking at properties in the slate belt area, and will probably prospect for gold there.

I'm a newbie and will probably be buying a Fisher Gold Bug Pro to deal with the highly mineralized soil down there. I figure that I'll probably have to knock on some doors to find anywhere to prospect. Would it be too generous to offer a 50/50 split of any gold I find, to prospective owners? After all, I'm looking to have fun, not get rich. I welcome your thoughts. TIA

Seek_N_TrZr

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have quite a few new members to join Tnet. A Big Welcome to you all from Georgia, and the Best of Luck to you. We are glad to have yall'.

Twistin1up

Dec 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all- I live in southern Ohio, I’ve collected for 40+ Years & this past year found something like I’ve never found before. I’ve been on here searching for answers. Some I have found, but I have a lot to show & tell & I’ll help anyone in anyway I can. Great site ��

Johnny_b_1965

Aug 1, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there
Another newbie here.
I have 2 candlesticks with this makers mark on it, can anyone shed any light please?

MB

MB

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there ... Another newbie here. I have 2 candlesticks with this makers mark on it, can anyone shed any light please?
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Johnny_b_1965! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) - members may have more success helping you (your location may help, etc.)...

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - You might consider posting your "candlesticks" on WHAT IS IT? since this is the New Member Introduction Thread.
photo_camera.gif
3rd - A picture(s) is worth a zillion words! If you are having problems posting pictures - take a look at: How to post pictures with your story...

bsteed61

Aug 3, 2019
Missouri Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all. Been viewing the threads for a while now but just decided to join the forum. I'm a writer from the Ozarks of SW Missouri and have had an interest in metal detecting and lost treasure tales for quite some time. Additionally, I've been a paranormal investigator for almost 40 years, have a very strong interest in all things history (specifically historical research), and I've sort of been splitting my time up the last few years between the Ozarks and the gulf coast of Mississippi and Alabama doing research for books and just hanging out with the wife and kids. I look forward to interacting with y'all and learning more about interesting legends and detecting. :thumb_up:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all. Been viewing the threads for a while now but just decided to join the forum. I'm a writer from the Ozarks of SW Missouri...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Missouri for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state...

...Additionally, I've been a paranormal investigator for almost 40 years...
ghost_left.gif
ghost.gif

Ancientpaths

Greenie
Aug 6, 2019
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to have started my journey into the vast world of metal detecting within the last few months. It took me no time to jump from my first beginner bounty hunter into e-trac. So much to explore. I think that's what most excites me about MDing. Never knowing what may be uncovered. Maybe it was lost yesterday, maybe 100s of years old.
I haven't found anything that has set my head spinning. But I look forward to sharing this journey with others.

Jeremiah 6:16

godum

Aug 6, 2019
DFW Area, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings all, I'm a new hunter from Texas (DFW area) Got a new Garrett AT Max in a trade and cant wait to get back out there again. Found a dozen beer cans on the beach near my house on my first trip out. I found 5 300 million year old fossils, a clad dime, an old pop rivet, and a zipper on mi 2nd trip. I will be grateful for any and all advice on finding places to metal detect and hunting techniques. Thanks for the opportunity to join this group. Godum

godum

Aug 6, 2019
DFW Area, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fossils 1.jpg fossils 2.jpg
Greetings all, I'm a new hunter from Texas (DFW area) Got a new Garrett AT Max in a trade and cant wait to get back out there again. Found a dozen beer cans on the beach near my house on my first trip out. I found 5 300 million year old fossils, a clad dime, an old pop rivet, and a zipper on mi 2nd trip. I will be grateful for any and all advice on finding places to metal detect and hunting techniques. Thanks for the opportunity to join this group. Godum

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/asset.php?fid=1442349&uid=135206&d=1565148396

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/asset.php?fid=1442350&uid=135206&d=1565148396

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread