Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Forgewright but you can call me Bob. I just retired this year and decided to take up detecting again after 25 years away. I had entered the hobby at 23 years old using a Garret and found vast amounts of coins and goodies. Then, at around age 30, I stopped as my family grew. I kicked everyone out and now I'm back. Kidding of course. Kids are up and gone and wife ran off. Not kidding. That's enough sharing, I think. �� Oh, I'm from Ohio, but I am moving to Arizona at the end of Nov. Bought a cheap used Bounty Hunter Tracker 4 for 50 bucks and intend to use it if my knees can take it.
well that means u only have to find 5000 pennies to pay for ur metal detector i use a bounty hunter pioneer 101 basically the same thing but mine looks prettier cuz of the nice decals hope ur knees last that long and u have better luck than i ? u'll have fun on the forum anyways ?

BeepersPuppy

Banned
Nov 21, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd Evening from the So. West U.S. Treasure Repositories and Home to the Finest Land Borne Sunsets , known to Apes and Men alike .
I'm here to learn how to Teach you all how to Treasure Hunt .
The last 40 or so Students I tried to Teach , just Failed so much I quit Teaching .

Any thing I can do to help , give me a P.M. and a Sandwich . LOL

View attachment 1774272

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi-My name is Linda Chapman, newbee from Apple Valley, CA...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd Evening from the So. West U.S. Treasure Repositories and Home to the Finest Land Borne Sunsets , known to Apes and Men alike ...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state. You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

GinoD

Nov 27, 2019
carson city,nv
Detector(s) used
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
hello all, another newbie to this site have finally decided to dust of my detector to pursue my passion, joined a local detector club and have been out there every day for the last year or so. love my ctx 3030 thanks reno prospecting and detecting club for helping me learn my machine. finally get to let the inner kid out and having so much fun doing it.

K9Cop133

Nov 28, 2019
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Newbie in research phase of purchase
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings all, I am a newbie. I have never been into detecting or relic hunting but the older I become the wiser I become and history becomes more and more fascinating to me. It also helps that my son (16) loves history as well so this is something we are both tackling together. We purchased a cheap detector on Amazon and have had tons of fun finding old nails, etc. I know that will get old one day but for now it’s fun. Any advice on a “start up kit” or guidance would definitely be appreciated. Thanks all and Happy Thanksgiving! Oh yeah, I’m from Mississippi

Staterich

Tenderfoot
Nov 4, 2017
Hopewell Jct.N.Y.
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greeting.I've been detecting for a year.I live in Hopewell Jct. N.Y. and i'm looking for fellow detectorists in my area.I'm retired and looking to detect 2-4 hrs an outing.

GhostLands

Greenie
Nov 29, 2019
Western Europe
Detector(s) used
I had:
Garrett 400
Whites Spectra V3i
Ctx3030
Deus 11 LF, 9hf and 13 x35
Golden Mask 1+ 15khz UK Edition
Makro Multi Kruzer
Nokta/Makro Anfibio
Currently using my trusty and best friend Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! I joined today! The main reason to have joined is because I really live Calabash Digger videos! Dude, you rock!!!
I'm mostly on Facebook groups... My name is Fabio... Dunno is there is anyone here who follows my hunts there... A shot from my latest hunt, a scattered hoard from the 14th - 15th Century! It's my second this year! Also managed to find 4 gold coins! (My Firsts)
20191124_164000.jpg

jonboy1969

Greenie
Dec 1, 2019
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,
I am jonboy1969 in the Atlanta Georgia area. I have a love of metal detecting when I have time and also coin collecting. I am currently going through my grandfather's collection of wheat pennies. I may need some assistance on what to look for besides the obvious DD's and rare dates.

JK Stevenson

Dec 3, 2019
Chicago
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, I'm pretty ignorant about this stuff as I do not hunt for treasure per se, but stuff falls into my hands sometimes. I live in northern Illinois near Chicago. Couple months ago I found something piled on top of some rough quartz and smooth limestone ballast around a sewer outlet that put water into a weir near the Fox River. I had to do a lot of searching to identify what it is meant to be. But is it real? It's in "war hammer" shape, white quartz, quite clean, a bit chipped. Research also told me it's likely fake. I have to say I felt it was fake when I found it - it is so clean. But it's a lovely shape. Very comfy fit to the hand, very complex in design.

Now I will go see if I can figure out how to post a picture of it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm pretty ignorant about this stuff as I do not hunt for treasure per se, but stuff falls into my hands sometimes. I live in northern Illinois near Chicago. Couple months ago I found something piled on top of some rough quartz and smooth limestone ballast around a sewer outlet that put water into a weir near the Fox River. I had to do a lot of searching to identify what it is meant to be. But is it real? It's in "war hammer" shape, white quartz, quite clean, a bit chipped. Research also told me it's likely fake. I have to say I felt it was fake when I found it - it is so clean. But it's a lovely shape. Very comfy fit to the hand, very complex in design.

Now I will go see if I can figure out how to post a picture of it.

Here you go JK...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/help/289101-how-post-pictures-your-story.html

Kade Tomorrow

Dec 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi um i'm Kade... I'm just here to find out more about my great grandfather Sir Alfred Morris VanFossen or "Gold Dust Ernie" to be more exact. And I hope to be like him some day atleast. But I'd like some if someone can give me information about him.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi um i'm Kade... I'm just here to find out more about my great grandfather Sir Alfred Morris VanFossen or "Gold Dust Ernie" to be more exact. And I hope to be like him some day atleast. But I'd like some if someone can give me information about him.
tn_md.gif
1st - Welcome Aboard Kade! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)
tn_link.gif
2nd - I searched Google and found LAGACY: Alfred Morris Van Fossen

"...SIR ALFRED MORRIS VAN FOSSEN, OSJ, well-known as "Van", age 70 of Rosharon, Texas passed away Thursday, June 29, 2006 at Memorial Hermann Fort Bend Hospital, Missouri City, Texas...All over the world he was known as "Gold Dust Ernie"...more..."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread