Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time on here, live in NW Indiana...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Indiana for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Fluffycat

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2020
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I am from New Jersey and rather new to detecting. Been enjoying detecting some older homes and found a few interesting things like tin toy soldiers, coins that go back to early 1800’s, hem skirt weight, old buttons, pins and more.
Hoping to detect in some other states. It’s always an adventure and a learning experience. Thank you for having me on this group. :happy3:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello guy i am new here
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

vryders

Oct 14, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to detecting

Hello, I'm from Orlando Florida. I am new to detecting

WizardsBear

Nov 5, 2020
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Greetings. I am a new member and actually stumbled across the site doing searches. I had been reflecting on times at Holloman Air Force Base in Alamogordo, New Mexico and during one of the less than frequent rain events having been in Dog Canyon as the creek was flowing from the mountain side and finding small amounts of placer gold. While exciting wasn't enough to get the 5 of us to really further explore the potential. I am the last of the group and was just wondering if anyone else had found gold there. We were right at the start of the gravel wash coming down the mountain at the base. We had gone out there after another friend had shown us a sample of a rock he had found a bit further up that had a vein of gold running through it. We thought he was pulling our leg, after all, gold in a desert? Being young airmen at the time we were afraid we were doing something illegal being on park land. I know the original Airman would show us rocks he had used a rock hammer on and found small traces of gold, all above the area we were in but he would never let us tag along. I was just curious to see if anyone had tried that area and found anything. Thank you and am enjoying reading the articles.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well today is my birthday and I finally pulled the trigger and called Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and after talking to him for a little while I decided on the Minelab Equinox 600 which he gave me a really good deal and I should have Thursday or Friday can’t wait to get out there and have some fun.

God bless,

Glad your now a happy Equinox owner!

SAYEED

Nov 14, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone I'm another newbie from Hyderabad India, Interested in all topics and looking forward to all members help for using this site.

HKPacker

Nov 18, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I'm planning on getting out of the house and doing some digging in the dirt with an antique metal detector. Thought about searching under some bleachers and around the local parks, volley ball pits, etc. I'm retired and reluctant to go to the gym due to the COVID, etc. My experience with treasure started with a visit to the Atocha shipwreck treasure travelling exhibit in Tulsa. In less than 1 hour, I held in my own hands over 3 million dollars worth of treasure. I spoke to one of the Fishers about maybe tagging along in observation mode only (in scuba gear) to watch their salvage operation. He replied, sure, it's only $500.00/hour. I did not sign up. A close friend did find a diamond engagement ring on top of a coral head in Cozumel. Very pristine, probably lost the same day, no damage. Appraised at $5K later. Thanks for the invite! Hoping to learn some things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread