Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I'm planning on getting out of the house and doing some digging in the dirt with an antique metal detector...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

Nov 24, 2020
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Coin Master & Nokia Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,

I am DD from Bodston Massachusetts. I have tyhe same name on CoinTalk as well as Youtube. I do post vids on YT if you care to look. Hope that is ok to say.

I am an avid Metal Detectorist, CRHer, and over all self proclaimed coin nut!

I am currently working on finishing my modern US Coin sets (Penny, Nickel, Dime, Quarter, Etc) as well as working on my my Canadian Coin Set.

As far as metal Detecting I swing the AT Pro, Coin Master (rarely) and the New addition Nokia Simplex (machine is a beast at the beach!)

Recently had a 3400 plus coin spill (not really a spill, just a lot of coins in a small area) this past weekend. Sadly no silver or Wheaties. That was a bit shocking. I did find 39 Quarters, 39 Dimes, 18 Nickels and 266 Pennies. Oh and approximately 3 dump trucks of trash (Just kidding not that much, but seemed it...) Do have another area this coming weekend as well.

Well That is all for now, hope to chat with all of you at somepoint.

DD

Hermes13

Nov 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from the west country, uk. Good to be amongst fellow searchers. Looks like a really active, fun site. Have recently returned to a favourite hobby after many years raising a family and other distractions. Looking forward to sharing my progress in the hunt for Roman and Anglo-Saxon history around here. Currently on the trail of Legio II Augusta, our 'local' legion.

Mme Digger

Nov 26, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from TN! Have been a rockhound and scavenger since I could walk. Have dabbled in panning for gold, hunting gems, and fossil hunting... feel like I've more recently stumbled into artifact hunting. Can't wait to learn more from you all!

ThedudeAbiden

Nov 27, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the site.

Hello from central Pennsylvania. I am new to the site. Just saying Hello to all. I've been metal detecting for 6-8 months. When I was young, my father bought a whites 5900 di pro. We used it twice and then it went in the closet. We(I) had no idea how to use it properly.

When the world was introduced to covid, I got tired of being inside all day. So I started researching and learning. I would leave the woods in a better mood than when I went in to the woods. I have grown to love my 5900 and I am certainly still learning. Thank u and hope everyone has a good day.

Treasurenet.com is a friendly community dedicated to all kinds of treasure hunting!

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have treasure hunting questions, sharing finds and discuss treasure hunting in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

423gifford

Nov 30, 2020
Chattanooga,tn
Detector(s) used
Search master (from 80s), md3050(china vers. Of treasure cove) and nalanda pinpointer 10m waterproof
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope I am doing this right. I have been on a forum before. Im super excited to finally have found a way to reach out to other treasure seekers, gold pickers, rockhounds, and any other outdoorsy people with information. I am always seeking information for Chattanooga Tn.

tjaggars

Dec 2, 2020
AZ(temp)
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone. Another new guy! From North Carolina, but in Arizona currently for work for the next year! Been metal detecting for about 2 years now, and really getting excited about all these lost treasures that are talked about in Arizona. I am a helicopter mechanic and part of the NC National Guard. Been lurking for a few weeks and I am overwhelmed with the knowledge and information that is here!

CoinsAndThings

Dec 4, 2020
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from Salt Lake City Utah.

It's been many years since I've done any metal detecting. However I still have my Tesoro Silver umax. I've found a few coins with it, along with several unidentifiable artifacts and a small lead car.

Time permitting I'd like to get involved in this hobby again.

In my younger days I did some gold prospecting in Idaho with pan and shovel. However my current interests are primarily coin shooting.

Being winter here, and cold, I'm looking to do some research in hopes of getting some outside time this coming spring and summer.

Thanks for having me!

woozlepops

Dec 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Im a brand new detectorist, but I'm also interested in history generally and antiques.
I'm a 40 year old guy from the UK.

I've got my Garrett Ace 300i on order. Initially to check for lost or missed wire nails and staples after fencing in a horse field. I'm sure it will cover my other interests my family like antiques and are also interested in history.
I went to college and studied about about ancient monuments and SSSI.
I have a fellow detectorist I can go around with also.
Look forward to chatting to some of you's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions